Wednesday 31 July 2019

I Love to Eat Many Bowls of Food


Ever since my first visit to Thai Boy Street Food (CLOSED), I returned a few times to try other items on the menu. What I like about this place is that I can eat up to 5 bowls of food hee...hee...


Besides, they open throughout the day and I can walk in at anytime I like. I prefer to eat an early dinner here because at that hour, it is nice and quiet. 


I usually order 4 bowls of food. On this visit I had the tom yum fried rice, fish cake, fried pork chop and papaya salad. The tom yum fried rice was pretty good, flavorful with wok hei fragrance.


The pork chop was well marinated but a bit tough and on the dryish side.


I liked the fish cake, but I suspect it made me very thirsty long after the meal.


The papaya salad was very good just like the first time I had it.


On another visit I had the fried glass noodle, pork belly salad, fried kai lan with salted fish and pandan chicken.


I enjoyed the glass noodles as it was very tasty. And it also had the wok hei aroma that I love.


Pandan chicken is one of my favorite items at any Thai restaurant.


This one did not disappoint.


The pork belly salad was all meat with some coriander and sliced tomatoes. Too meaty for me, so I would order this as a main protein and not salad.


I enjoyed the kai lan with salted fish. This is one of my dad's favorite vegetable dish though mum is not too keen on salted fish.


This meal is considered as 3 items as the rice comes with the Thai basil minced pork. I decided to give the mango salad another try (it was not pleasant on my first visit) and got the fried kangkung with garlic as my second vegetable dish.


The minced pork was good except that there was not enough basil, so it was not as fragrant as it should be.


Kangkung is one of my favorite vegetables, so I enjoyed this one. As for the mango salad, this time it was very nice, not fishy and pungent like the previous one.


Then I decided to try the green curry chicken. It was very nice except that there was not much chicken in there. I suppose I can't expect much from such a small serving.


I fished out the chilies as I was having some "health" issues heh...heh...heh....


On this occasion, I was low carbing, no rice! I had mango salad, shrimp cake, kai lan with salted fish and garlic pork.


This meal is salted fish fried rice, fried pork chop, kai lan, kangkung and pandan chicken. The pork chop looked terrible. I was not too happy.


But surprisingly it was good. So all is forgiven.


Currently they are having the tea time promotion for 3pm to 5pm. But to qualify, you have to order a drink. Since I don't like those drinks, I forgo the promotion and used my fave deal instead.

24 comments:

  1. This place is perfect for those who likes to have a little bit of everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's why I like it. Can order macam-macam even when I am on my own.

      Delete
  2. You sure can eat!! I not sure I can eat 4 bowls although I love to trt a bit of everything. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not complaint a salad with plenty of protein, hehe :P
    Hubby started using FavePay, so I'll recommend this place to him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite worth it. I don't get bored here.

      Delete
  4. Not very environment-friendly, extra water and dish-washing fluid to wash later! The place beside my girl's school served their chap fan like that, not all dumped on top of the rice like what they do elsewhere...but on the other hand, they are environment friendly - no plastic bag, bring your own containers if you want to tapao etc.

    I sure would love ALL that you had - I so love Thai!!! Yum yummmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite true but that's the only way to serve many dishes. At least they don't use plastic.

      Delete
  5. wow! I like these small dishes concept. I hope I can find time to visit this place to try out the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like these small eats.

      Delete
  6. I see that you really like the food here...it seems like you can have your meals here the entire week but still have something different every day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the variety plus I enjoy Thai food.

      Delete
  7. Wow! You can eat more thab me, i thought i am a big eater. Lol. Looks like you ate there the entire week, thai food got a lot of varieties so we can choose something different everytime. To name a few, green curry, fish cake, prawn cake, tomyum soup, salad, omelette, basil minced pork, etc.

    Sometimes i do encounter tough pork chop too, what a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I go there quite often. Won't get tired due to the variety.

      Delete
  8. The food must be good since you went there repeatedly.. 5 dishes for one person, I don't mind trying a bit of everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cooking is good! So sedap and price wise quite ok.

      Delete
  9. We just at their other branch here today... loved that we can order many different dishes to try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the attraction here, we can try many things on the menu!

      Delete
  10. I like many bowls of food too, especially Thai food!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This place suits me because I love to try a bit of everything. All your food pictures are making me crave for Thai food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place is perfect for me especially when I am very hungry LOL!

      Delete
  12. Me too. I love this style of eating - lots of small plates.

    ReplyDelete