Actually, what to call this? It's not a meatloaf as it is not shaped as such. It's not meatball as it is not shaped as a ball. So I call it baked minced meat lah.
This is another easy dish that I like to prepare for my partner's food prep. It can be baked directly in small glasslock containers and it freezes very nicely.
The ingredients are minced meat, potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, an egg, tapioca flour, salt and pepper. I steam the potatoes first and mash them up before adding together with the other ingredients.
Then I divide the mixture into glasslock containers and bake these in the oven at 180C for about 25 minutes.
Once these are cooked and fully cooled, I close the containers and then freeze them. I defrost a portion overnight in the fridge and steam to reheat the next day. So convenient.
If making this to serve a crowd, just put the whole lot into a heatproof container and bake.
Mini Baked Minced Meat
Recipe source : PH
- 450g minced meat
- 1 small carrot cut into small cubes
- 1/2 rib celery cut into small cubes
- 3 potatoes, steamed till tender (about 20 minutes) and mashed
- salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour (or cornflour)
1. Mix all the above ingredients until the mixture is sticky.
2. Divide among 4 glass containers (my containers are 200ml capacity)
3. Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or until cooked and top is slightly browned.