Thursday 23 May 2019

How I Eat Out and Still Maintain My Weight


I eat out a lot. What happened to my food prep? Gah!!! I have been working weekends (Saturdays) and when Sunday comes, I don't have time (or energy) to food prep because the laundry and other stuff take precedence.


The other day I went to Pho Vietz again and had the Marinated Lemongrass Chicken Chop Rice


The chicken chop was very well marinated (good portion too). It was tender and very tasty. But I did not like the omelette-like thingy and the funny tasting meehoon-like thingy.


I added another order for the Prawn Salad. Even though it was very delicious, it was way too sweet for me. I won't be ordering this again unless if they can dial down the sugar.

So. How do I maintain my weight while eating out all the time? The solution - I eat less rice (intermittent fasting also helps lah). I still enjoy carbs but I cannot exceed a certain amount or I gain fat.


I bring a container with me and remove 3/4 or 1/2 of the rice depending on how big is the serving.


At Fujisawa@Foodie's Nest The Starling, the amount of rice served is quite substantial. Sure, I would love to sapu the whole lot but based on previous observation, I gained some fat. So I have to cut back.


I removed some rice and also the takoyaki that I dislike.


When I eat the Kimuchi, I get a bowl of rice (the other choice is udon, which I don't like).


As usual, I transferred some into my container.


I also removed the yukky cheese tofu. 


Another day I went to Mr Tuk Tuk@The Starling. I was twitching for fried chicken wings.


I also got myself the Thai Basil Beef with rice and Thai Mango Salad.


Some rice went into my container together with bones from the chicken wings.

Some of you curious ones will ask me what happens to the rice (and bones). Well, I give it to Doo Doo. Who is Doo Doo?


Hello Doo Doo!!! hee...hee...hee... Is he cute or what? No, no. He is not my doggie though I wish he were. 

So Doo Doo helps me to eat rice so that I won't gain fat. Thanks Doo Doo!!!

31 comments:

  1. Oh! So that is your secret. Maybe I should get a dog too...but then again, I always like the plate clean. It's a sin to waste. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat a lot and my tummy is visible. All look good except I have a tummy. Lol. And not to mention I am a mum of 3 so I guess I cant avoid not having flabby tummy. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it lah. I have seen your photos and you look wonderful.

      Delete
  3. I was reading this post seeing how you removed the extra rice and the things you don't like to eat but then you put them into a nice container, so that would mean you tapau them home. So I thought the key in not gaining weight is to tapau the offensive food you don't like for dinner so that you end up not wanting to eat it...hahahaha! :D

    And then I reached the end and saw the aww-so-cute Doo Doo...he must be your neighbour's dog. Wouldn't your neighbour mind you feeding his dog? Some owners are like that especially when their precious dog is supposed to eat only dog food. Come to think of it, poor Doo Doo has to eat the food you don't like and gain weight on your behalf!! Wakakakakaka! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahahaha!!! Doo Doo is active so he burns lots of calories. He loves to dig the garden and flower pots so he is not welcome to my garden hah...hah.... He belongs a friend who lives nearby. Doo Doo is such a blessing hee..hee..hee...

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing, that's a good way to keep our weight in check! By the way, just a word of caution, I think it's not advisable to feed chicken bones to dogs... it may cause blockage in their digestive system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my question, what happens to the rice in the container, so it goes to the cute and adorable doo doo, hello doo doo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... I hopes he likes the food :D

      Delete
  6. less rice still sounds ok to me as long as i get more meat and vegetables on my plate, heh :) but considering i ate an entire pint of ice cream last night, i should take some tips from you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good heavens! I must add an entire pint of ice cream to my repertoire hah...hah...

      Delete
  7. Hello doo soo!
    So that's your secret. Cutting the rice portion works quite well with me too. But the challenge is consistency :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your are right. Must stay consistent or else it won't work.

      Delete
  8. oh so everytime the extra food you take home in your container always go to Doo Doo?

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww...so adorable....is Doo Doo ur neighbour's dog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the fried food & it’s so hard to lose weight with my kinda diet. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was waiting to ask what happened to the extra rice in the container. Lol! So its Doo Doo who sapu all the left over rice. Yes, I am also cutting down on rice intake and it really helps to maintain my weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Reducing carbs is very effective.

      Delete
  12. hahaa.. This Doo Doo reminds me of my own furry member! Anything I couldn't finish, rice, soup...all never go wasted.. she finishes it cleaner than I do, not even a drop left in her big pan.
    Like you, I also eat half portion of rice, sometimes less... good to bring your own container wherever you go now, nothing goes to waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. I remember reading about your dog in your blog quite some time ago. I used to laugh at people who eat half rice. Now I know. LOL!

      Delete
  13. Nothing goes to waste... it's a good idea to pack away the extra food for Doo Doo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am glad Doo Doo is around to help me eat!

      Delete
  14. I get asked the same question. My key is daily exercise and only eating whole foods (nothing processed) when I'm not dining out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had the similar meehoon salad and meat loaf look alike thingy at a Vietnamese restaurant at Melbourne, the former was weird as the meehoon tasted like not entirely cooked but the latter was tasty~

    ReplyDelete