Remember the Rempah Gulai Cap Bunga Rose that my mum got me? After cooking the chicken curry, I had some rempah gulai leftover which I kept in the fridge.
I was not going to cook another batch of curry and I wondered what to do with it. Then I remembered Kak Q's Sweet and Spicy Roasted Chicken which I made a few years ago. Back then, I used a combination of powdered spices and this time I thought the the rempah gulai would do the job.
I mixed the rempah gulai with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, honey and oil. I used this paste as a marinade for the chicken wings.
I only marinated the wings for two hours, overnight would have been best. Then these were roasted at 200C for 25 minutes.
They were nicely browned and charred at the edges and smelt divine. They tasted pretty good too, very moist and juicy.
So if you have any leftover rempah gulai, put it to good use by roasting up some chicken wings!
Honey Spiced Chicken Wings
Recipe source : Phong Hong
- 5 chicken wings (these were huge ones weighing 750g)
Marinade, mix all together :
- 1 tbsp Rempah Masak Cap Bunga Rose
- 1 tbsp Rempah Gulai Cap Bunga Rose
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Rub marinade all over the chicken wings and leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight (I marinated mine for two hours outside the fridge as the wings were just defrosted and still very cold).
2. Roast the wings on a lined baking tray at 200C for 25 minutes or until well browned and cooked through.