Thursday 5 October 2017

Deja Vu


A noodle house just opened in Damansara Uptown. So I decided to check them out. Upon entering the premises, the lanterns and vats of wine reminded of another place.


When I looked at their menu and their order chit, it hit me that this place is kind of like Go Noodle House


Hmmm....would the noodles taste the same as that other place? So I got myself my favorite bursting meatballs.


I went for the add on, sui kow (two pieces). As I sipped the broth, I noted that the flavor was quite mild. I'm sorry I can't help comparing this with Go Noodle House. I am not saying this is a copycat but rather a borrowed or an expanded idea (?) as they are not entirely the same.


Unlike Go Noodle House, there is a bottle (pretty bottle I might add) of wine on every table for you to help yourself. I added a spoonful to my broth and that enhanced the taste a bit.


Since I was feeling depressed that day, I helped myself to another dose wahahaha!! Eh, got effect lah. I was feeling slightly lightheaded after the meal 😎😎😎


The taste of the bursting meatballs was exactly as I remembered from Go Noodle House (since I had it very recently). 


The sui kow was alright, lots of minced carrots mixed in with meat.


Their sambal is quite nice. I prefer this sambal compared to the other one which I find too watery.

Yu Noodle Cuisine also serves Tom Yam broth and I came back the next day to try it.


I had the garoupa fish head and belly (there was only one piece of belly and lots of bony fish head pieces). I'm afraid the fish was not as fresh as it should be. The tom yam broth was very tangy and spicy hot.


I guess Yu Noodle Cuisine would be another alternative for noodle lovers in Damansara Uptown.

36 comments:

  1. Give me five, give me five, meatballs also my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decor, like in those old Shaw Brothers swordfight or kung fu movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought the super pretty bottle is a deco item hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Chinese feel. Haha.

    The wine bottle is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very Chinese. I like the bottle a lot.

      Delete
  5. oh, thanks for reviewing this new noodle shop! I like that the wine is on the table for us to help ourselves. What is the price like? if lower than the other one then must go eat here, hehehehe since there is free flow wine and nicer sambal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is lebih kurang like the other one I think. The free flow of wine is nice hee..hee..

      Delete
  6. Whoa! Uptown is so veli happening now! So many new outlets since the million birds arrived at Starling. Flying birds are really good feng shui elements.
    I must go and stalk you there someday as you seem to leave your foot prints in so many restaurants now. So you got "high" after the meal and zig zagged your way back to the office safely. You should have gone to Family mart to douse your mabuk head with their superb Green Tea Ice Cream cone! Slurrps!

    I would have created my own authentic decor since our ancient Chinese culture has dated back to 5,000 years of ideas to copy. Anyway that's common as you would see all different fast food joints also have similar "fast food" decor looks. The first place that opened in Klang Valley using big wine jars with pasted red papers and wooden furniture was Madam Hung's pub at Phileo Damansara. My ex boss opened that place for his ex mistress, some 17 years ago. What a gossiper I am.

    #MabukHong #GossipQueenTM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee.hee.. Wah, you have a lot of exciting stories to tell. There are lots of eateries in Damansara Uptown and I am severely tested when it comes to sticking to only one cheat day a week!

      Delete
  7. I like both the ancient look of the bottle and what's inside....can add to heart's content! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like, the free flow booze hee..hee..

      Delete
  8. It really does resemble Go Noodle House a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the ambiance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. heheh, i'd be quite greedy and add several spoonfuls of the wine to my soup ... even if it ends up tasting too wine-y in the end :) i do hope you feel better now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you love your drink, I would not be surprised hee..hee.. I am feeling good now, thanks!

      Delete
  11. The noodle looks nice! I cannot even remember when was the last time I went to Damansara Uptown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can come by with your family one of these days :)

      Delete
  12. I've had the same feeling a couple of times when I walked into some new restaurants in my area also! I don't mind too much so long as the food is tasty and the seating is comfortable- which certainly looks to be the case here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the ambiance is nice I feel comfortable having my meal there :)

      Delete
  13. We tend to compare when it comes to "duplicate"... and more often we still prefer the original.. :) anyway, at least you tried and now you know..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, now I know and I don't mind coming by again if I pass by or if the other place is crowded.

      Delete
  14. Nice place. So good to have the wine on the table. Not everyone wants extra wine but people like me would love to add some extra wine for extra kick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love extra wine for the fragrance and taste!

      Delete
  15. Great place with delicious meal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've read another review about this place and the writer commented that the taste was totally different although the presentation is 90 or 80% similar :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The taste I find is not as powerful hee..hee..

      Delete
  17. PH, I am getting confused now! Are you on diet? Is this your cheat day? But macam banyak kali pula cheat day in a week ^_^ Never mind, eat while you can eat. Enjoy lifelah huh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kah..kah..kah...sometimes (or many times) I break the rule. Once my pants start to feel tight, I get back on track. Like that lah, MD. I cannot resist eating carbs!

      Delete