Tuesday 17 October 2017

I Have Gone Bonkers Again But Happy Deepavali Anyway


Hello. To my Hindu friends, here's wishing all of you a very Happy Deepavali. May you have a blessed celebration with your family and friends. And here I am. Bonkers. Again.

As you may or may not know, I suffer from depression. It is something that never really goes away. It comes back to haunt me from time to time. 

Just as Deepavali is triumph of good over evil, I need triumph of positives over negatives. Right now at the office,  whenever I hear the word tax computation, I instantly grow mad.

The very word tax computation, triggers a surge of free radicals through my system and my blood pressure goes ding! ding! ding! DONG!!! (if you think this post is a bit siau-siau, apologies)

So. I had to time out from work. You know, my sanity is just as important to me as it is to my clients and the management. Can you imagine being serviced by a lunatic?

Instead of going to Tanjong Rambutan, I went to 1-Utama wahahahaha!!!! Shopping baybeh!! And let me share with you what I did. No, no, I didn't do anything crazy because I haven't reached that level yet.

I spotted some nice Deepavali decorations. I thought these hanging garlands were rather pretty.



And then there is this peacock.



And then I spotted my dream birthday present.



Now who was it who has a Pandora charm bracelet in her possession? Ah! Kris!

Let's take a closer look.



Lahling, if you are reading this, take note yah? (up there, the one on the left with pink baubles).



Another set of beauties. After peering at the prices, I quickly walked away. It's better for me to save my gaji for my retirement.

I was craving for coffee and cakes but I dare not walk in here because from the name alone, you know this is posh and not in my league.



So instead I went to Menya Musashi for a satisfying bowl of ramen. Then I walked some more to burn off the ramen.

I noted many shops have closed down and some of the space like the one formerly occupied by Tim Ho Wan is still vacant. Even the cafe opposite closed down as well. Bad times, eh?

Then I discovered this.



If I am not wrong, this is where Shogun used to be. So I walked in and discovered a happy place.



How could this not put a smile on my face? 



And these too.



Auwww...anak kucing! So many cute things here I tell you. 



Don't ask me how much these things cost because I did not look at the price. 



I thought these scatter cushions were rather cute.



I was tempted of course, but no. Retirement fund, remember?



Ooohhhh...crockery! Another weakness of mine. Look only, no touch.



Pressies! Just boxes I suppose.



I love these artificial plants. So pretty but these things collect dust. Betul tak?



Could be good to brighten up the house with these lovelies, dust notwithstanding.



Then I spotted some cute bags.



I know Hainom and her girls would love these.



I must have walked for hours that day. It's good exercise, it made me happy and I am in a better mood. I should do this more often.


28 comments:

  1. What a crazy day for me and you. I am actually depressed too cos my car's air con repair exceeded RM800!!!
    I am aware that many restaurants had closed down like my favorite Nano, Tim Ho Wan, Watami, Jack's Place and Chicago Ribs!!!!!!!
    Ask me why and I can instantly tell you that One Utama sits on an excellent Feng Shui land but those bosses whose bazi are not suitable to do restaurant business sure hit the walls.
    Happy Deep Deep Deepavali to you and Bunga Kantan Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind lah, TM. Sometimes these things happen. Some years ago, my house air-cond koyak, so got to spend money also.

      I had no chance to try your favorite Nana :( Just as many closed down, new ones are coming up. Hope they last :)

      Delete
  2. Ubat stress is jalan2, right? But no beli2, we are in the same boat I guess, I pun suka jalan2, tapi I jarang stress tau, mungkin sebab I cikgu tadika kot, haha.

    Hepi holiday then. Tomorrow can jalan2 lagi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, ticer. Kaki pun tak rasa penat hah..hah.. Bagus lah ticer jarang stress. You have a very positive attitude :)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it is good to go for a walk to de-stress from work. Wow so many cute things at Kaison, I can spend a long time in there, and yes same like you, I have a weakness for beautiful crockery

    And I must say you have great taste, by selecting the left Pandora accessory, it is such a beauty

    I like the first Deepavali decoration picture

    Happy Deepavali to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a great time enjoying my temporary stress free life hah..hah... But next week have to face it again :(

      Delete
  4. SHopping and malling is always the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what plans today? It's a public holiday. I'm thinking of going for Indian food but I just had that the other day. Hmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping! Again LOL! There is nothing wrong having Indian food two days in a row hee..hee..

      Delete
  6. Pandora bracelet, same as you,save for retirement, unless I struck lottery, different story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, me too. Strike lottery, straight away go and buy :D

      Delete
  7. Retail therapy really should be documented somewhere as a treatment for depression. Lovely photos. Hope you feel better again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, a cheap and effective antidote! I am feeling much better, thank you :)

      Delete
  8. happy holiday to you! I was at 1u yesterday but did not have time to take in the deepavali decorations. looks pretty especially the peacock. walking in malls is good exercise and window shopping helps us to relax and save our wallets! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a very relaxing time although I walked for hours :)

      Delete
  9. Nice decorations. Window shopping can be fun. Nowadays can be relaxing because no more struggling with temptation to buy. I am retired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I wish I were retired too hee...hee..

      Delete
  10. I think I might have heard you mention about your depression in some of your blog posts but this is the first time that your have provided or I have read the link you provided on the subject. It's sad that you have to continue to work (towards your retirement) when your work has been found to be your very source of depression. I wish you could stop work right now or wish you can stop work fast fast! One happy thought could be that there's only a few years to retirement or you could always opt for early retirement and be rid of this depression. In the meantime, stay strong and relax more with retail therapy and more walks if that helps. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, Kris. I am working something out towards freeing myself from this mental burden. Meantime, I hope to take time off every now and then and perhaps work shorter hours if circumstances permit. These last few days have been very helpful and I do feel much happier :)

      Delete
  11. Love the kolam. Happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i guess we all need to find ways to 'rebalance' our inner emotions ... i don't generally get depressed, but this year, i have suffered some minor bouts of anxiety, though thankfully, they haven't lasted more than one or two days each time. i have friends who do experience depression though, and i know the struggle is real. hope you'll somehow find yourself experiencing less and less of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sean for your kind words. You are fortunate that you hardly experience depression. I am glad to know that your anxiety was a brief one. It's something I also experience, usually before meetings, which I dislike. I am feeling lots better now and hope to work something out to ease on my work related stress.

      Delete
  13. I've recently having "tension" relationship with my better half and my way to de-stress is shopping! I'm happy when I buy things, any thing!
    You too, gambateh!
    I like to walk walk see see at Kaison because there are too many things too see and the prices are quite affordable too~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you have worked out the "tension" and yes, shopping (even if did not buy anything) is a good therapy. I feel very happy these last few days :)

      Delete