Wednesday 12 July 2023

Past Eats : Li Ji Lala Noodle, The Starling

After eating lala noodles at Ming Kee Seafood Noodle, I was on a lala high hah..hah..hah...


I spotted this lala noodle stall at A Foodies Nest, The Starling quite some time ago. But seeing that I am on a no-carbohydrate eating plan and the fact that I am not a lala fan, I never tried anything from Li Ji Lala Noodle.


So I decided to give the lala noodles here a try to see if they were any good. I chose the Fish Fillet with Lala Noodle.


Besides lala noodles, they also serve a few types of soup with rice. 


So this is lala noodles with fried fish fillet. It comes with a milky broth which tasted just ok, the flavor and aroma is nowhere near what I experienced at Ming Kee.


The fish fillet were fresh and tasted good. They were overly generous with the mee hoon.


There were adequate amount of lala in the soup but I found two dead lala.


That is lala that remained closed.


I did not finish the mee hoon. There was simply too much. After this experience, nope I am not coming back. Not because of the dead lala but because the soup was not that good.


There is another lala noodle restaurant at Damansara Utama - Lai Fong Lala Noodles.


They were not opened yet when I passed by. This outlet had mixed reviews and did not score too well on Google reviews.


They are located at this stretch in Damansara Utama where the "energy" is low. It is very quiet (although many cars park there) and most shops located at this sector tend to not do so well. 


Maybe one day I will drop by. But not so soon because I have now gone back to my carnivore way of eating.

Yesterday's lunch was again leftovers.


Dinner was pork loin again.


Looks like I am staying on track. Yay me!

10 comments:

  1. We had a stall here, from Sabah - fish noodles in milky broth...not cheap and did not last very long. Closed now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not popular I guess, I prefer clear soup over the milky one.

      Delete
  2. I passed that Lala Noodles many times. I stopped, looked and go because PH had never eaten there before. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Now looks like I will zoom past and beat the red lights, with thanks to you. Whenever I saw lala that's closed, my creepy phobia comes crawling back. Long ago, I used a fork to open the closed lalas and was shocked to see mud inside! I scolded the waiter and he protested that it's not their job to pierce open every lala before cooking. It made sense and all forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. unfortunately I did not like their lala noodles. They should have checked and fished out the lala that remained unopened when cooked. Geli lah!

      Delete
  3. I was taught not to force open lala that remained closed because they can't be opened due to their condition is not good. Must try the good lala soup at Ming Kee since you say it is very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do try Ming Kee, I think you will like.

      Delete
  4. This Lai Fong La La Noodles is famous for their la la noodles...and got Michelin mention (for their branch in Chinatown). Don't know how this branch compares though. Maybe you can try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try Lai Fong but not so soon. If they can survive another 6-8 months (hah..hah...) I will be there.

      Delete
  5. I had the Lai Fong Lala Noodles at their original stall at Petaling Street area, quite a good experience I would say. And recently I also tried another one near my place and it was impressive, will share about it soon.

    ReplyDelete