Tuesday 18 July 2023

Triple Happiness, The Starling (No. I Didn't Eat Rice)

Today I had to go for a meeting (which I hate). You all know I hate meetings and I am glad I don't work for those big ass companies that hold meetings every now and then.

After the meeting I went back to the office (after getting my Kaw Kaw Kopi fix hee..hee...). It was not until after 2:00pm that I felt hungry.

The most convenient place to go is of course The Starling and I made my way up to the food court.


I decided to check out Triple Happiness. I noted that the stall is now manned by two foreign workers (as is usually the case). The local guy was nowhere to be seen. I actually wanted to suggest to him to sell the meats ala carte.

Let's look at the menu.


The steamed chicken, roasted pork (siew yoke) and BBQ pork (char siew) come with rice ....


... curry mee or ...


... porridge. So I had no choice.


The condiments section was a bit huru hara in the aftermath of the lunch crowd.


So I scooped what I could (the chili dip was almost gone).


I brought a container along with me and that's where the rice (which was very fragrant) went (to be taken away for you-know-who). The chicken, siew yoke and char siew were very decent. The chili dip was super pedas while the ginger paste was more than decent. The soup however was not worth any mention.


How I wish that they sold the meats separately from the carbs. I meant to have a word with the local guy (I assumed he is the boss) whom I saw earlier when the stall first opened for business. Too bad. 


Meanwhile some new development at The Starling.


I saw some uncles and aunties checking out the newly opened Nine Dragon Char Chan Teng (next door to Mr Tuk Tuk).


So this auntie also berkepoh-kepoh go and have a look.


A peek at the menu and I decided it was not anything that would get me excited but other people may find it to their liking. There is another menu on the standee (which would showcase more dishes) but I did not take look at it.


Well, I hope they do well. All the best Nine Dragon Char Chan Teng! And Triple Happiness too!

16 comments:

  1. You did not eat the rice, so sayang lah! Ya...here, we can just buy the meat. We do that because the rice at most chicken rice places is not nice, might as well eat our own plain rice at home, save the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rice was not wasted because my partner ate it.

      Delete
  2. This uncle night have to learn to carry own containers like Aunty PH now. I often wasted food unnecessarily.

    Wow! The name "Nine Dragons" is just like Kowloon Char Chan Teng. I kinda like the menu and might head there for dinner tonight. This type of place will survive for a long long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Sometimes I forget to bring the container.

      I hope you like the food at Nine Dragons Char Chan Teng.

      Delete
    2. I really headed there alone for dinner as wifey had another function. Took lots of photos but don't know how to post?? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

      Delete
    3. What do you mean, don't know how to post? LOL! Just share with us what you ate and what you saw.

      Delete
  3. Three types of meat, I like! Ginger paste is a must when it comes to steamed chicken...I can see the three layer roasted pork there.. that is the best part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too very like but I wish they can sell just the meat. I also love ginger paste with steamed chicken.

      Delete
  4. Ya, if not eating any simple carb then the char chan teng food is basically nothing there that is without simple carb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very good salate plate. It seems delicious. With a very good aspect. Personally I Will include.some vegetables. Is fabulous to Cook this good and fascinant food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious for sure, just that I don't eat rice. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Since the Triple Happiness is cheap enough for you, you can order double portion...and achieve Sixth Happiness...wakakakaka...and tapau the two rice home for your rice man! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..hah... They will love me if I did that!

      Delete
  7. I will bring my container along to tapao when I know that the eatery that I'm going to visit only serves dishes with rice/noodles which I'm not going to consume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you do that too! Now I want to make it a habit to bring the container.

      Delete