Monday 24 July 2023

What I Ate Today

I actually brought lunch to work (Sunday's leftovers plus three eggs I fried this morning) but I got hungry mid-morning. Tsk..tsk..tsk...


So this ended up as breakfast. I know. It looks pathetic.


This morning my little girl chose to sit on the wet spot of my car porch. I wonder why. Maybe she is trying to cool down?


She has grown a little bit but she is still skinny. I wonder if she will become a fatty bom bom after she gets spayed,

So anyway, come lunchtime I thought of Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles. But when I got there, they were closed (with a notice pasted saying it is their off day). I don't remember them having off days. Maybe this is new.

Of course I did not want to go to Twins Signature Roast Duck because I was there Saturday. Ah! Let me show you my Saturday lunch.


The three combination platter of roast duck, soy sauce chicken and siew yoke.


The leng chai gave me a cheeky smile when he saw me. 

Now you see it.


Now you don't.


hah..hah..hah...


I purposely passed by Ajuuma. I was being cheeky. Hah! Empty!

Now back to today's lunch. I went to the food court at The Starling and revisited Li Wei (CLOSED).


Another three combination platter of roasted chicken, siew yoke and char siew. I was pleasantly surprised to get a chicken leg. I decided against the poached chicken because poached chicken you don't simply order anywhere. Some places do it terribly, so from experience, I chose the roasted one.


After lunch I passed by BMS Organic, I saw a banner "All Menu Without Garlic & Onion". Adoi. I love garlic and onion. But that's OK, I won't be eating here anyway.


Then I saw this. Mooncake season coming soon! But I won't be having any.

14 comments:

  1. It's Monday and many places here take the day off. I went to one just now to buy some char siew and siew yoke for dinner. If it is any good, we shall go and eat there and I shall blog about it. The one in my blogpost today isn't worth a second round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...what a pity! Hope the one you tapau is better.

      Delete
  2. Wow! The Leng Chai Donald gave Daisy PH a cheeky smile. I must head over and look at him. Will show him this post and get 20% discount.

    Remember don't eat at BMS. Boycott this place since many moons ago.

    If you step inside Baker's Cottage, you might faint to see all the middle shelves full of mooncakes. I think they might be selling CNY cookies in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must also tell the leng chai to give me discount. LOL!

      Don't worry, I remember the story you told me about BMS. Besides I only eat meat these days hee..hee..

      Let me go to Baker's Cottage and faint!

      Delete
    2. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  3. Longer sales period can sell more mah.... now only 6th month of Lunar Calender, 2 more months to hit the targeted sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes sense, besides people can enjoy mooncakes earlier.

      Delete
  4. Wow...Three types of meat this time! The char siew looks so good.. in between fats, that is the best part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time the meats were good. At one point I stopped going to this place because the food wasn't as good as when they first opened. They seem to have improved.

      Delete
  5. I have forgotten about moon cakes until you reminded me. I don't think I will buy any moon cakes this year. Thanks for the photos of Kittie Kat. She looks so blur blur cute. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... blur blur cute..I like that terminology!

      Delete
  6. Now, air-fried fatty beef trimmings has become your standard dinner....and the three combination platter your standard for breakfast cum lunch...lol! :D The leng chai should give you a VIP card for most visits....hah..hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am so predictable LOL! Memang betul, that leng chai should give me VIP card privileges hah..hah..hah...

      Delete