Friday 7 July 2023

Quack Quack Oink Oink!

When I woke up yesterday morning, I felt light headed. I think it is due to an electrolyte imbalance caused by reduction in carbohydrate intake.

So I went downstairs and mixed some salt with water. Then I took a few sips and after a little while I felt better. I am still re-adapting to a very low carb diet. I am all right, nothing to worry about. I went about my activities for the day without any problems.

Come lunchtime (very early at 11:00am) I wanted to eat roast duck hah...hah.... I also wanted to eat siew yoke. So I headed to Twins Signature Roast Duck.


There you have it, the two combination platter and a white coffee.


I made a request for no sugar but the leng chai told me that they use a 3-in-1 premix and as such the sugar is already mixed in. Since I had already placed the order, I had no choice. Luckily the coffee was not that sweet but unfortunately it was not good, unlike the usual kopitiam white coffee (like the awesome white coffee at Annie 1).


Look at that. My idea of a perfect carnivorous meal.


As usual I loved the duck, so tender, moist and succulent. The roasted pork was even better than the one I had on an earlier visit.


I could have gone for a three combination platter but I wanted to makes sure I had adequate stomach space to eat my blueks soup in the evening.


Next visit I will stick to the kopi O ice kosong or not order any drink and instead get my coffee from the Kaw Kaw Kopi truck.


No need to see my dinner lah. Hopefully I can show you some homecooked food soon.

10 comments:

  1. 😂 Quack! Quack! Daisy went to eat her ducks platter again. It is really so tempting and I could imagine how tasty they are. The siew yoke is another bonus that could please you too.
    I also dislike drinking those 3-in-1 coffee which tastes like caramel sweets in hot water. Best to drink hot Chinese tea instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the platter again today but with soy sauce chicken! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Oooo...I love them both! Btw, I read somewhere that drinking coconut water will help with one's electrolyte imbalance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, coconut water is good for that. It is very refreshing too!

      Delete
  3. I, too, likes the look of the (short) siew yoke...I think you were early and got the best part! ;) I always find eating siew yoke a bit like the wheel of fortune...get there when a fresh slab comes out and it's the best. Eat it at a different time and it's not as good. I guess siew yoke is a bit more "unforgiving" compared to roast chicken and char siew.

    Yeah, a lot of coffee shops rely on ready-mix 3-in-1 white coffee (especially if they're a noodle or rice shop and not focussed on coffee and toasts as their main offering) but some can be good. I've come across three that I thought was credible...one I'm already drinking at home although I've to say it tastes quite different and not as enjoyable (my 2-in-1 at home) from the 3-in-1 at the shop...haiz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see! Now I know that I must go early to get the best siew yoke hee..hee... Thanks for the tip! Ah well, then I shall give up looking for good kopi O at the supermarket.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That platter of duck and siew yuk sure looks good. Yummy! 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my best solution to eat carnivore style. LOL!

      Delete
  5. The Siew Yoke looked really great with the good proportion of fat & lean meat (more lean as I can see, correct?) with crunchy-skin (I guess lah, judging from the look). :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right. It was very good!

      Delete