Thursday 27 December 2018

A Basin of Food


Who eats by the basins? heh...heh...heh.... That's actually my mixing bowl and I sometimes eat out of it. For salads because there is lots of room for tossing.



I have gone back to Salad Atelier after staying away for a while due to a not-so-good-experience. There seems to be much improvement. Their chicken now tastes very good compared with what it used to be.


You may say that salad is so easy to make, so why don't I prepare this at home? Well, when I eat at Salad Atelier, I get to choose many ingredients and have different ones each day. 

I can't do this at home as I would have to stock up on an array of ingredients such as various greens, capsicum, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts, broccoli, avocados, mangoes etc and it is certainly not convenient to make different types of dressings or roast different flavored chicken. I can tell you how many boxes of unfinished alfalfa sprouts I had to throw away as I could not eat them all in time.


I use the Offpeak discount of 30% to tapau my salad and I get cashback when I pay with Favepay. So it comes to more or less the same if I bought my own salad ingredients (and factor in my effort in the kitchen).


I like the ginger sesame chicken and peanut dressing. Besides the usual lettuce, I sometimes opt for baby spinach at extra cost.


Another dressing that I love is the sauteed garlic and when I choose that, I like to add black olives. They go very well together.


One favorite ingredient that I love to have is roasted eggplant. These are thinly sliced eggplant that have a nice smoky flavor.


I also love adding sauteed mushrooms, potatoes and fusili pasta. I really love the mix and match choices and the various dressings that I can choose. So yes, I'll continue to buy my salads for now.

18 comments:

  1. Your various salad in your mixing bowl looks so delicious that I don't mind eating out of mixing bowls at all! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very practical. Why wash two bowls? hee..hee...

      Delete
  2. Oh no! alfalfa sprouts are delicious so so sayang you have to throw them away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, always can't eat all in time. So nowadays I avoid buying.

      Delete
  3. You are so tech savvy now to use offpeak and favepay to get more value out of the $$$.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep up with the youngsters for fear of being left behind!

      Delete
  4. Your basin for salad looks more delicious than placing them in a porcelain salad dish!

    For practicality, I have been buying more steel bowls, plates and drinking containers as I foresee that I would be using them during my last old age years to prevent breakage. I would have given away all my glass, porcelain and antique wares before I die. It is still very cheap to buy steel wares right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny as usual! These stainless steel plates and bowls are very practical.

      Delete
  5. Make salad at home definitely not as great as those being sold in restaurant, in terms of variety ~~ So your choice of continue buy your salad is absolutely correct!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support hah..hah...

      Delete
  6. So many varieties and dressing to choose from, i will eat out too rather than to stock up and later throw away when i can't finish using the ingredients

    Here we have Paylah, my sis knows how to use it but not me, youngsters nowadays are so tech savvy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to use these e-wallet apps just to learn and not get left behind.

      Delete
  7. I have a basin just like yours to toss my salads too! ;) Very convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! But I bet you don't eat out of it like I do hah...hah...

      Delete
  8. So nice if there is a place nearby where I can tapau different choices of salads instead of trying to make my own just for 1 person. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's also less cleaning right?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete