Monday 24 December 2018

My Poke Bowl Fix


Update : Kahuna Poke has sadly closed down.

Now that I have a place to go for my poke bowl cravings, I have returned to Kahuna Poke@Damansara Uptown many times. One of the things I like is that Kahuna Poke offers the convenience of cashless payment in the form of Favepay.

I like using credit cards when I shop/eat because I can conserve cash and through my credit card statements, I can monitor how much I spend and on what (mostly food lah). 

Though some places do not accept credit cards (it can be a hassle to apply for merchant credit card facilities with lots of conditions to fulfill), many are now offering cashless payment facilities like QRpay, Boost, Favepay etc. 



Well, it was at Kahuna Poke that I was motivated to use Favepay and I tried it. Works like a charm and I have been using it at Salad Atelier too. So these days, my choice of eatery is also dependent of whether the establishment offers such payment facilities. 


One weekend I worked and dropped by for lunch. I was very naughty because I ticked all the toppings. 


So good!


Kahuna Poke has started their lunch promotion where you get to eat at a more affordable price. You get a free green tea too.

Lunch Promotion Price

Normal price
I love the food as it is fresh and tasty. 


Some customers tend to spend more during promotions (like you know who). I went for extras on my first lunch promotion visit. So much so they had to put my kale chips in a separate bowl hah...hah...


Not bad these kale chips. Very crunchy. I have read about them but was not too convinced that you can make chips out of kale. Well, I am converted.


Another thing that I like is the Onsen Egg


This time I tried the Sriracha Aioli flavor. Oh, very fiery and good! I like.


This one is with tuna. Between tuna and salmon, I prefer salmon. 


Somehow poke bowl tastes nicer with rice heh...heh.... So I do this on my carbo days. 


Kahuna Poke, I hope you don't get tired of my face.

20 comments:

  1. Poke! Poke! I spy with my little eye...one very nice poached egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poke bowl sure look yummy. All of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, dear! Honestly, I've yet to try Poke Bowl........ Happy holidays to you & family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like cashless payment too. I spy avocado in your photo 3 and 4. so yums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of them look delicious to me, i have yet to try it, i also prefer salmon than tuna, merry christmas and happy new year 2019 to you ph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too, Libby!

      Delete
  6. sriracha aioli would certainly add a nice zing to the bowl! :D i'm quite technologically behind, so i'm usually a cash person at cafes, heh :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also tech behind actually but making an effort to keep up!

      Delete
  7. I'm not fond of carrying cash. I'll avoid places where I can't by pay card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see you've gone poke crazy! ;D I have to say your poke bowl prices are lower than The Fish Bowl that's near me, so you can have it often. My most recent poke bowl experience, it didn't turn out as good as I thought it would be. :(

    Merry Christmas, my dear PH....hope you have a wonderful evening :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poke crazy indeed! I could eat it everyday hee..hee.... Merry Christmas, Kris! Hope you are having a blessed and joyous one with your family! And Cookie :)

      Delete
  9. I have yet to try poke bowls. All the poke bowls featured here look interesting. I am interested in the kale crisps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kale crisps were very good. Something unusual.

      Delete
  10. Seem like Damansara Uptown has quite a few Poke Bowl restaurants now, I think I should try them out one day~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, must try. I am quite happy with Kahuna Poke.

      Delete