Thursday 20 December 2018

Ketagih Jeruk (Addicted to Pickles)


I know I have gone quite mad and I am addicted to marinated unripe mangoes to the point that I can eat them everyday. This can't be good as I am adding sugar and salt to these fruits.


These mango wedges are sweet and sour and salty and crunchy and with a hit of heat from the dried chilies, gosh, I can't stop eating!

Then I came up with an idea to marinate pineapple with salt and chilies. I did not add any sugar as these pineapple are sweet, too sweet in fact.


I usually eat pineapple sprinkled with salt to neutralize the acid so that I don't end up with a sore tongue. Besides pineapple taste really good with a hint of saltiness.


Mix and match the pineapples and mangoes. This makes for a very nice snack to eat in front of the TV heh...heh..... Besides pssstt.... they are very good to ease constipation wahahahaha!!!

18 comments:

  1. I pass! Hehehe. No pickles for me, I can't stand the sourness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling, drooling, drooling! If only I could reach out and grab the 2 tubs of pickles from you! Lol! I am going to buy a pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great as Thai salad. I would pound and make sambal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever! I’ve yet to try making these. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay away, they are not good for you hah..hah..

      Delete
  5. I actually love to eat pickled fruits...but have always avoided it because of the high content of salt and sugar. Hmmm, doing it with sweet pineapples is a possible option but whenever I buy pineapples, they almost always turn out to be sour. How do you choose pineapple that's sweet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought those packed ones from Jaya Grocer. Honey pineapples or something like that. They are simply too sweet. Kind of suspicious hah..hah..

      Delete
  6. Good idea to use pineapples. What a nice snack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love these, minus the chili hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. heheh, at least with the fibre and vitamins in these, maybe it's not TOO terrible to be addicted to. it could be worse - you could be addicted to ice cream and mars candy bars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When one is addicted to mangoes suddenly, they are usually pregnant! If very mad level could be having twins! Have you seen a doctor lately?
    I love to eat jeruk of any kind, as they would invoke my senses up with the sourish taste. Mmmmmmnn...

    ReplyDelete