Friday 28 December 2018

Fried Spiral Pasta


It was the evening of Christmas eve. I was at home and my partner was coming home for dinner. What to cook, eh? The easiest thing would be to toss a salad but he is not a salad man.

I did not have any small packets of meat in the freezer for stir fries or for any of the usual goreng-goreng stuff. But I had some sausages that I had grilled earlier for my salad. Fried pasta? Bingo!

It so happened that I picked up some capsicum that came in a pack of red, green and yellow. They were very fresh and crisp. Very nice for salads or stir fries.


So I sliced them up together with an onion, chopped up some garlic and boiled the spiral pasta. I also sliced one grilled sausage very thinly. After some goreng-goreng action in the kitchen, I posted his dinner to him on whatsapp.


His comment was : Nice! Christmas colours!! Hungry.....

I hoped that the pasta was good as I did not taste it because I was afraid once I start, I cannot stop. When he tucked into the pasta, he was all praise (trying to butter his madam up) and finished every single bit of his meal.

Since he liked it so much and I had one sausage leftover, I decided to cook the same dish again for another meal and at the same time share this simple recipe.


It's rewarding when people appreciate your effort in kitchen, don't you think?

Fried Spiral Pasta
Recipe source : Phong Hong 

Ingredients :
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta, cooked according to packet instructions (mine took 11 minutes)
- 1/4 each red, yellow and green capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 big onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 grilled sausage, thinly sliced

Seasoning (mix together) :
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp thick soya sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste

Method :
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute onions until wilted.
2. Add chopped garlic and continue to saute until lightly browned.
3. Add capsicum and saute until tender crisp.
4. Add the sliced sausages and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
5. Add cooked pasta and stir fry until well coated with seasoning.

24 comments:

  1. Sound simple, it looks terrifically delicious to me. I hope to try this recipe. Happy New Year to you, Phong Hong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it has a festive colour! I will try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is colourful! And appetizing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pasta looks so colourful and tasty, such nice and cute bonding with your lah-ling

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like having tri colours capsicums in any dish! So tasty! He sure made your day! He is happy eating your home cooked and you are happy cooking for him = double happiness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this and my stomach (not my hubby) will praise it if I cook this! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seldom take spiral pasta. Yours look tasty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like spiral pasta because of the look. LOL!

      Delete
  8. There really is something so comforting about pasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you on that! I even put it in my salad.

      Delete
  9. Frying pasta is our local adaptation but one that turned out quite well if you ask me. Now many cafes, even stalls, do it. I first had it at Kim Gary and really liked it though I've not really fried pasta at home. I should do it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to see it when I eat out. Yes, you ought to try frying pasta, it's really good :)

      Delete
  10. What a great Christmas Eve meal! I would like to eat this colorful pasta too! Nowadays I’m on western food already.... more adjusted than before.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the food you tasted while in Scotland and Amsterdam must have helped with your tastebuds hee..hee...

      Delete
  11. your goreng-goreng looks very gratifying! if more kitchens did it like this, i'd prefer my pasta fried too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, this pasta goreng thing might catch on!

      Delete