Friday 21 September 2018

Something From The Food Court


These were what I picked up during my not so recent shopping spree. Some sort of vege rolls which looked really attractive.

Some of these things are so attractively packaged with beautiful names like Summer Rolls or something equally enticing. 


Since I had no time to cook (I mean who is in the mood to cook after spending almost the whole day outside, right?) I picked up two boxes of these rolls. 

I noticed that they come with a sachet of Kewpie Roasted Sesame Dressing but I bought 2 extra just in case it was not enough.


They look good and tasty don't they?

This one is with quinoa. I don't really fancy quinoa but I am OK with it.


I'm afraid the rice paper sheets were tough, possibly due to refrigeration. So the mouthfeel was not so pleasant. This roll is all vege - quinoa and vege. Not very thrilling.

The second pack is with slices of salmon.


It was a little fishy by the time I ate it.


Nope, not buying these again >.<

16 comments:

  1. I see you bought them from Aeon. Must be the one at one utama but I thought they are still under renovations. Thanks for this review. Won't be trying these although I have not seen them being sold in Aeon - must be that I was not paying attention to the ready cooked food packages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought this a few months ago before the renovation.

      Delete
  2. Ooo, it doesn't look very appetising, does it? And then I see quinoa in it, ok...thanks...see ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They use Vietnamese rice paper? We have been using it to wrap anything and everything since popiah skin and all those Mission wraps are all not gluten-free,

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks colorful and attractive, but if the rice paper skin is too tough, then it really spoils everything....I'm abit skeptical of eating ready packed raw salmon, coz it would usually been prepared for hours by the time I eat it and hence the unpleasant fishy smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Anything with raw fish better don't buy.

      Delete
  5. They packed it early and by the time you bought it, they turned cold and not nice to eat. That is why I don't buy those pre-pack stuff often. Haha. No matter how attractive they look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. These might not be fresh anymore.

      Delete
  6. Instead of calling them spring rolls, they call them summer rolls lol change of season

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes them appear more attractive hah..hah...

      Delete
  7. Must be eaten fresh I guess, then they might not have the smell... anyway, don't try, won't know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Ah Hong Chee were to prepare it, I will give full thumb up.... My toe will be up too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good example of look can be deceiving, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think these would be delicious if prepared at home and eat them fresh!

    ReplyDelete