After I made chimichurri, I was very excited to make this Chimichurri Chicken Avocado Salad. I was again in my avocado-addiction-phase (thanks to my sister-in-law) and bought three avocados on a Monday.
The avocados started out green like this ....
...and by Saturday they ripened and were almost black.
Putting the salad together is not difficult but I had to make some pan fried chicken first. I defrosted some chicken thighs and deboned them. It is easier to debone when the flesh is semi-frozen. The bones went into my bone broth and were not wasted.
The chicken thighs were simply marinated with some chimichurri for a few hours and then pan fried in a cast iron pan until browned. Once they were cooked and cooled down, I sliced them into strips and assembled my salad.
For the dressing, just simply use the chimichurri, just drizzle this amazing sauce over the salad. So easy!
Chimichurri Chicken Avocado Salad
Recipe source : Adapated from Cafe Delites
- 2 deboned chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp chimichurri
- 120g romaine lettuce
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Extra chimichurri to dress the salad
Recipe for chimichurri : here
1. Marinate the chicken thighs with 1 tbsp chimichurri for 1 hour.
2. Pan fry the marinated chicken thighs until browned and cooked. While one side is cooking, baste the other side with some chimichurri.
3. Remove chicken thighs from the pan and once cool enough to handle, slice into strips.
4. To assemble the salad, place ingredients into a bowl and toss with chimichurri.