Tuesday 20 March 2018

One at Annie 1


That's lunch for one at Annie 1. I always eat solo. I am a loner and I do fine eating or doing anything by myself.

In fact I have no qualms going to the movies on my own too but I admit that it's lots more fun when my brother comes along.

But well, we don't work near each other, so it's always a solo lunch for me. As you will notice, I have been going too easy on the carbs. Almost everyday I eat carbs. Haiz....

This is the Char Siew Fan. I had this after coming back from a meeting. Bah! I hate meetings. So this meal was like a soothing balm to me.


All this time, I have been sticking to the same old same old at Annie 1. So I decided to try some new stuff on the menu. Like this Spicy Pork Trotter Rice.


This meal comes with rice, vegetables and a fried egg. 


The trotters are quite meaty with some fats and I thought it was quite nice.

My new (current) favorite is the Pork Noodle Soup. I like it with kuay teow.


In spite of them supplying me with cili padi, I had to have the pickled green chilies as well. This time round, the chee yau char came in small cubes. Nice.


Then a few days later I had the Hakka Mee.


I thought it was very nice.


But I felt that the serving is small for me. So the next time, this happened.


Notice the difference? I kar liew lah.


heh..heh..heh.... 


That's a lot better. I know. I eat a lot. In fact I eat too much. One aunty from whom I used to tapau fried noodles remarked that I have a good appetite. Then she told me that to be able to eat is a blessing. Well, I am so blessed then. Hah..hah...

28 comments:

  1. I am not the only whale that eats so much at times. You are also blessed with good appetite as good food brings happiness!
    All your above dishes, I still like Pork Noodles the most. Theirs deserve a big good medal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is your Princess Ribbon who still stalks your post??
      She must be busy ironing her ribbon now to make a grand come back soon.

      Delete
    2. hee..hee...a whale I see LOL! I miss Princess Ribbon and was so happy seeing her short post yesterday.

      Delete
  2. wah! the shop has to give you a loyalty card since you eat there so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! BTW, Home Kitchen now gives loyalty card.

      Delete
  3. My mother-in-law is always looking for pork trotters...and now (thanks to you) I know where to take her. I hope this is not like a special weekday's lunch menu but is on the menu for all days. I love pork noodles too but they must come with porky parts like intestines and liver for me...erm, this one don't have, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pork trotters is on the menu. In fact you can even order it as a side dish. I hope the trotters here meet your MIL's standards. Unfortunately, the pork noodles here come with very scant liver and no intestines :(

      Delete
  4. From this selection I would prefer the soup probably!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour of the char siew! Yes, I would be like you too, always kar liew. Birds of the same feather, we two. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also a big water. Still do but try to control my calories.

    Love the fritters. I don't mind eating alone too. Used to do that when worked in a bank.But with someone, it is more lively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trotters, not fritters. Hate my phone autocorrect.

      Delete
    2. LOL! I hate phone auto correct too. Especially when in a hurry, we don't notice.

      Delete
  7. I used to solo also as friends not always free to go out eat together..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solo is nice, can take own sweet time to eat and realx.

      Delete
  8. i like a healthy balance of solo meals and accompanied meals too. it's nice to spend time with myself, just appreciating the time to think my own thoughts and savour my meal at my own pace. we have to know how to enjoy our own company, i think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you that we ought to enjoy our own company. I do, all the time hah..hah...

      Delete
  9. I agree 100% with tm's comment that good food brings happiness, i enjoy food and i enjoy eating, btw eat alone is ok for me but not going to the movie alone, i will be so restless sitting in the cinema alone for two hours lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad we have the same feelings about food. LOL!

      Delete
  10. I too have good appetite! All the food is making me hungry and not itching to look for snacks to munch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I itch for snacks all the time. LOL!

      Delete
  11. I enjoy both solo meals and accompanied meals, accompanied meals with my buddy make the food tastier and more enjoyable, with solo meals i can eat at my own pace, take my own sweet time and do my own things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always enjoyable to dine with people whom we are comfortable with. Or else can get indigestion hah..hah...

      Delete
  12. Everything looks so good, Phong Hong! Actually, I like eating solo as well...I can eat at the pace I want to which usually is slower than others'. I like to take my time and savor every bite! I love the Trotters, nice and meaty and the sauce looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth! Glad we share the same sentiments about dining solo :)

      Delete
  13. The pork noodles in kuey teow is my choice too, with lotsa condiments aside. I enjoy dining solo and dun mind overdoing it sometimes (by ordering add-on)...Yes, i'm blessed with good appetite too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High 5! Good for you :) Eating is one of the joys in life!

      Delete