What do you think of crushed potato chips mixed into cookie batter to produce a fusion of potato chips and cookies? Crazy? Not a bad idea actually.
I have read about potato chip cookies but never took them seriously until I spotted Kimmy's. I was really curious what it would be like to eat a cookie and potato chips at the same time. But I was iffy about the parmesan cheese although I found the cheese quite pleasing here.
So I set forth and baked these cookies. Once baked, the smell of the cheese and butter was really nice. When the cookies were cool enough, I tried one.
It was not love at first bite but as I chewed, the taste grew on me. And it got better and better and I wanted to eat more and more. But of course I had to stop as these were meant to be given away.
I baked another batch a few days later. Well, that batch was also given away and unfortunately for me, most of it went into the two canisters which meant there was none to spare for me.
Parmesan Potato Chips Cookies
Recipe source : Adapted from Cooking Pleasure
- 200g self-raising flour
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100g sour cream & onion flavored potato chips (crushed)
- 200g butter
- 70g caster sugar
- 1 egg
1. Whisk flour, grated Parmesan cheese and crushed potato chips together. Set aside.
2. Using an electric hand whisk, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add egg and continue to beat until well mixed.
3. Add flour mixture and using a spatula, fold the mixture to form a dough.
4. Using two teaspoons, drop spoonfuls of dough on a lined baking tray.
5. Bake at 160C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Transfer cookies onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing in air tight containers.