Tuesday 1 February 2022

Reunion Dinner 2022 : By Proxy


Today is the first day of Chinese New Year. KEONG HEE HUAT CHYE! GONG XI FA CAI! But these days the more common greeting is XIN NIEN KUAI LE!

Girl was not too happy that it is actually the year of the tiger and not cat.


Girl, I know it looks a bit like you and I know Kong-Kong calls you Tiger, but there is no such thing as year of the cat.


Don't be so sulky.


There, there, Belle Belle sayang sayang.


So yesterday evening in Kuala Terengganu, my clan had their reunion bash at The Grand Continental. Courtesy of my foreign correspondent brother, I got these pictures of the food. I'll just post the food and not photos of family members to respect their privacy

These are the yee sang stations, set up as such to comply with SOP. 


Let's take a closer look.


This yee sang is the type that contains those colorful crunchy stuff, not my favorite.


Now this is my favorite! The appetizer. I don't know what those yellow things are, look like cupcakes.


I believe this soup does not contain any shark fins. 


Lemon chicken, another favorite of mine (provided if fresh lemons are used to make the sauce).


Uiks! My brother must have forgotten to snap the photo before the fish was eaten.


Butter prawns.


Ah! This one is also my favorite. I love broccoli!


And finally, fried rice. I think I might have deleted the photo of the dessert because it was blurry.

(UPDATED)

I found the dessert photo hee..hee...I think this is the honey dew sago.


So that was the reunion dinner that I missed. Sobs!


These are reunion dinners of Chinese New Year past :




19 comments:

  1. Wah food looks good. Belle Belle and Girl are as adorable as always! U take good care and order more food to nom nom yummy yummy! Gong xi fa cai! Good health, prosperity and happiness to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you all good things too! Yes, will order food again for sure. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Oh? So they had dinner outside? That is good! No need to slave in the kitchen for days leading up to the festival, just eat and go home, no cleaning, no washing. I also like how they had yee sang at a separate table. Thankfully, yee sang is not the thing here - I would have fits when I see all that mess all over the table. My OCD!!!
    Hop over to my blog tomorrow to see the simple fare we had for our reunion dinner, nothing so grand, so fancy lah...not restaurant standard. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very Happy & Prosperous Year of the Tiger to you and all your loved ones!!! Cheers!!!

      Delete
    2. Same to you and yours! Me too, I can't stand the mess. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Nice meal they had! Ah girl looks so sulky...hope she is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Girl is ok, she just tarik harga sometimes. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Xin Nien Kwai Ler! Happy Chinese New Year to you and your darling. Please tell me where to bump into him at Penang.

    CNY is never the same again without my parents around. Lagi sobs than you! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy CNY to you too and thanks for dropping by and commenting on my past posts! Yup, for me CNY has not been the same ever since my grandparents passed on. I do miss the good old days.

      Delete
  5. But cat is in the same family as tiger right lol! Oops I was distracted by your two kiddos, they look so cute lah. Wishing you and your family a happy and blissful year of the tiger! By the way I had sent you an email, take care PH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you and yours the same too Libby! Yes, cats and tiger come from the same family, so Girl can say it's her year too. LOL! Got your email and you take care too!

      Delete
  6. Poor girl, can only drool over the photos. Hope you get to go back next year and enjoy the reunion with your family.

    Ah girl so cute. Tiger is a big cat, similar family, so also can Year of Cat lah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is always next year hah..hah...

      Ah Girl can tumpang the year of the tiger LOL!

      Delete
  7. Your bro so bad one lah...sending you photos of the food for you to drool over! Eh, why need to set up yee sang stations? Can't they toss at their own tables? Anyway, Girl looks much cuter than any tiger. I wonder if Belle Belle is trying to sayang Girl or she's saying what the heck are you doing in my basket...get out! I've been cooking and eating simple home cooked meals for the past 3 days since his family members have all balik kampung.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I asked my brother to snap the photos so that I can see what I missed LOL! Girl and Belle have been sharing that basket, on a first come first serve basis LOL! I think I am getting tired of my own cooking LOL!

      Delete
  8. I think your family miss you too for not joining them for the reunion dinner. First time I see that they have separate yee sang station. It is Girl's year too because she is related to the Tiger. Belle so good to Girl to comfort her and let her sleep in the basket. Happy and healthy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy and healthy new year to you too! Girl is happy to know that she can tumpang the tiger and have her year LOL!

      Delete
  9. From your photos, I know this was a Halal reunion dinner. :P

    ReplyDelete