Thursday 3 February 2022

Chinese New Year Day #2 : Penang Food

Today is day 3 and I don't have any nice food to post. But I found some photos that my partner sent me when he was in Penang.

So again, I am experiencing food by proxy hah..hah...


This is his first stop for breakfast.


Tapau to eat at home.


Dinner time.


At don't know where. Sorry for the blurry photo.


Snacks in the afternoon. I think this is mua chee, not something that I fancy. I would have preferred the ang ku.


This is his very blurry asam laksa. My partner needs more practice taking food photos hah...hah.... But I am happy he shared his food pictures with me. 


He went here with his clan. Looks like a nice place.


I think that is tau yew bak and asam fish.


Joo hoo char.


Another blurry photo - inche kabin, my partner's favorite.


Spring rolls.


This is Belle Belle's old collar. So worn out due to her scratching herself.


On CNY eve, I put on a new one for her. Girl also got a new one, but hers is blue.


There you go.


Belle Belle giving me the side eye.


That evening, for the first time, she went into the cat bed. I bought it a few years ago for Girl who simply refused to go anywhere near it. Tsk!


Girl's old collar was in better condition (Belle Belle had the same one and it was nicked off her) but I still changed it for her. No photos of Girl because she refused to pose properly.


That evening I had nuts for snacks and passionfruit kefir. Oh ya, that afternoon, my water kefir exploded.


The bottle was very rigid due to pressure build up. Although I tried to open the bottle cap slowly, it just popped and the liquid shot out like champagne. What a mess!


Yesterday's lunch was kimchi soup with macaroni.


My partner is back to his normal diet.


My ex-classmate whom I mentioned here welcomed 7 kittens. She asked me if I wanted one or two. They are so cute but with two adult cats to keep me busy (and sometimes drive me up the wall), I had to decline.

Belle Belle : Ma...you are talking about Girl, right?

So that's my CNY reporting. I resume normal schedule tomorrow onwards hah...hah.

17 comments:

  1. good that it is back to normal routine than the 'abnormal cny binge-eating-watch-tv activity'. I m already back WFH on chor3 (today) but my mind is still in holiday mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I am quite good - no usual CNY goodies to munch. I start work next week only.

      Delete
  2. What? Your partner went to Penang without you? Poor thing!!! Yes, he needs to work on his photography!!! Looks like he went to all those places serving Peranakan. The tau yew bak and asam fish look so good! Love the blue and white crockery in one of those places. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't travel but when the opportunity arise, I want to visit that restaurant.

      Delete
  3. Eh, how come the Penang's version of Hokkien Mee got siew yoke...where are the prawns? ;) I also don't like mua chee...very sticky & sweet and gets stuck between your teeth! >.< Let's hope your naughty neighbour doesn't nick Belle Belle's collar again. Hope she enjoys her cat bed...and not crap in it! :D Omg, 7 kittens? Your ex-classmate will have her hands full when they turn into adults (she should consider neutering her cat). That mama cat must have been one very busy cat...her offsprings come in so many colours...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The siew yoke might have been his own addition because he bought siew yoke separately. The prawns were possibly buried under the noodles hah..hah... Belle Belle has not revisited the cat bed haiz... My ex-classmate's mama cat mated with two other papa cats. She could identify the culprits. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Are you going back to work today? I like to eat Mua Chee. That 5th photo which is the eatery is Baba Phang, nyonya cuisine. Must be very tasty. I like your macaroni kimchi meal. Wow! The water kefir sprayed out like champagne. Next time maybe can open it in the bathroom. At least if it sprays out again like this, easier to clean up. Are the kittens from her cat or from an already pregnant street cat that she rescued? Agree with ewew on the neuter part. I hope all 7 kittens can find good homes. My brother is taking care of 8 cats at home whereas I can only take care of 1. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! LOL! I am still on holiday. I also hope the little kitties find good homes. I did mention to my friend about neutering but she seems keen on kittens. Wow! Your brother is amazing.

      Delete
  5. Good for Belle Belle to use the cat bed. Aiya this girl, why don't want to pose for photo session?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl has her moods but I managed to get some photos yesterday.

      Delete
  6. Your photos of food in penang bring back good memories of the tasty food in penang. Now that my brother moved to Singapore, I won't have chance to go Penang again. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to make a trip to Penang again and eat the nonya food.

      Delete
  7. Hi hi, I am back to work ytd on Day 3 of cny already, yummy Mua chee is one of my favorite snacks. Start work also good lah, anyway, not many places to go anyway, cannot go tour also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My partner told me that day 3 is a good day to start work. But I insist on starting only on day 7. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Green House used to be my favourite as they have the best Lor Mee in the whole island. I am on restricted diet now, so no prawns for the time being.
    Hey!!! Your partner and I were in Penang at the same time but we didn't meet up because I don't know how he looks like!! Does he have 3 eyes and big ears? I am just guessing and kidding ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I doubt your paths crossed because he is not as happening as you, so he won't be at the places where you hang out.

      Delete
  9. So good that your hubby still can get hawker food during CNY. Most of the kopitiams at my area were closed, even on 3rd day of CNY, because I vaguely remember some of them opened even on Chor Yat on previous years.

    ReplyDelete