Saturday 5 February 2022

Roasted Pumpkin with Bacon

Today I terlebih rajin. Actually not really lah. A week before the Chinese New Year, I bought a few extra grocery items to tide me through the festive period.

One of the things I bought was pumpkin. I was thinking of this bacony pumpkin dish that I cooked ages ago and never repeated. As for the bacon, I had some leftover after fixing me a big breakfast on the first day of CNY.

Any dish requiring bacon doesn't need any motivation and I happily cut the bacon into small pieces and pan fried them to render the bacon fat. That's what I used (plus some olive oil) to rub on the pumpkin. Then I seasoned the whole lot with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. After that I simply baked the pumpkin at 180C for 40 minutes.


Is that nyum or what?  


Call me a softie or lacking in will power. My two girls are back on the bed. 


After I prohibited them from going into the room, they settled down at their designated play area. After a few days I did some testing. I left the room door open and I was surprised that they avoided the room.


Of course that didn't last very long. They found their way back to their sweet spot.


Ah, let Girl show you her new collar.


Girl, you look so pweety (mommy is a bit biased).


Now they sort of rotate between their play area and the room.


Never mind lah


If they are happy, mommy is happy.


Today's simple lunch.

20 comments:

  1. Wow! I love to eat those pieces of pumpkins! Thanks for the photos of the girls. Girl is so adorable with her new blue collar. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am counting the days to the next weekend. LOL!

      Delete
  2. We often have roasted pumpkin but never with bacon. Must be good, gotta give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many pumpkin dishes that I love and I must cook them again.

      Delete
  3. The girls know their place on their bed. Haha. They don't sleep near each other.

    Your roasted pumpkin looked yummy. I would like that with bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love the bed but I sometimes find them sleeping on the floor instead.

      Delete
  4. Pumpkins and bacons are my top favourites. Never realised that I could eat them together. So yums!!
    Your pweety girl looks elegant with the new collar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many delicious pumpkin dishes and I must revisit the recipes again.

      Delete
  5. I love anything with pumpkin! Hope it's not too late to wish you a very Happy Chinese New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not, thank you! We celebrate until 15-02-2022.

      Delete
  6. the pumpkin is so golden yellow, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect the color to be so golden :)

      Delete
  7. I too bought a pumpkin and it is still there sitting in the kitchen. Maybe I should try roasting but no bacon in the fridge. Your roast pumpkin with bacon sure looks yummy. Girl and Belle sure know where is the best place to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even plain roasted pumpkin is delicious. My two girls know that the bed is the best place. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Never try a combination like this and I like it! So the bacon bits are just as sprinkles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as sprinkles. I fried the bacon first and sprinkled after the pumpkins are fully roasted.

      Delete
  9. Your girls know where's the best stuff....the bed is still softer. I've never roasted pumpkin before...and I didn't know you can roast them with the skin on. Won't the skin be chewy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skin is not chewy at all and can be safely eaten. Just make sure to wash them cleanly first. I also did not know that the skin could be eaten until I learnt it from another blogger.

      Delete