Saturday 14 October 2023

Duck Eater

I think I eat too much duck. Don't you think so? Duck is something that I don't know how to cook let alone, roast.

So of course, I would need someone else to do the job. When I was a teenager, I remembered how my family loved roasted duck. My dad would buy it once in a while from Kepong or Pudu or one of those places (at that time he was working in KL and we all lived in Damansara Utama). And I remembered there used to be roadside stalls selling roasted duck.

All in the family except me enjoyed roasted duck. Back then I disliked duck (I don't know why) and preferred chicken instead. So you can imagine what it was like for me when roast duck was on the table. Blueks!

Well, all that has changed.


These days this madam is a familiar face at Twins Signature Roast Duck @ Damansara Uptown. Favorite order is half a roasted duck. Nyum! Nyum!


On one of the days, they took this tray of ducks out from the kitchen.


Wah..... What a beautiful sight to behold!


It was a busy day. Until I cannot sit at my usual table because it was taken by other diners.


See the leng lui?


She is usually at the cashier counter if Donald is not there.


I guess she is one of the movers and shakers here.


The lady in the brown tee shirt is the matriarch whom I address as see thau phor (lady boss). When she sees me, she knows I want kopi C ais kosong hee..hee..


Sometimes I will get the duck + siew yoke + char siew combo.


But of late I noticed that the portion size has shrunk. Or is it my imagination?


I also saw one kereta besar (big car) parked right next to the restaurant.


Is this Donald's car?


I better stick to half a duck. I mean, half a duck means half a duck. Unless if the ducks get smaller. 


The leng lui once approached me and asked me if I wanted the duck deboned. Hmm...why not, eh? 


That would make it easier to eat. But the auditor in me wants my duck intact. In the process of deboning, some parts may be lost but so far I think it is all there.


See. So clean heh..heh...sapu habis!


These were at the payment counter.


Well, this is me. I did say that every year I would take a shot of myself on my birthday (or at least soon after my birthday) to see how I age. This year I am 56 years old. Gawd!


Latest report from The StarlingLi Ji Lala Noodle has closed. Not surprised.


It's Saturday! Have a great weekend everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Hmm... I have not visited Donald's outlet for a long time. The portion looked smaller because all ducks are different sizes. I also rarely ate ducks when I was younger because the meat was too hard and often smelly. Not until when Roasted Peking Ducks took my hometown by storm. I loved that but we only ate that for Christmas and CNY.

    You still look young and pretty! Thanks to your healthy diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The duck portions are good, just the combo portion seems less. If I am not wrong, Donald also sells Peking Ducks.

      Aiyo, you are very "sweet mouth", must sumbat with Mocha Cake! LOL!

      Delete
  2. You are looking good ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š No amount of duck is too much duck. I mentally support you to eat half a duck everytime you are there. Deboned duck is more convenient to eat but a bit of meat would remain on the bones I guess but very little for you to mind too much. Ah, this duck is in my list together with mocha cake. ๐Ÿ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hee..hee.. The roasted ducks are very good and I am sure you and your hubby (assuming he likes duck) would enjoy your meal here.

      Delete
    2. Yes we like to eat roast ducks.

      Delete
  3. kopi C ais kosong? I always go for tea these days since I am off coffee for good. I don't know how to cook duck either, never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always a duck eater, since small. Lo ark since my family is Hakka, my mum cook lo ark a lot. Roasted duck is my favourite too. I don't cook duck at home too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have eaten lor ark but I still prefer duck roasted. Good for you that you have always appreciated ducks. They are delicious!

      Delete
  5. My family like duck also and I know the popular Kepong place which your dad used to buy the roasted duck and it's still operating until now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really. You must tell me which shop is that. In case I pass by Kepong hah..hah...

      Delete
  6. It's Onn Kee at Kepong Baru (near Kepong Baru Wai Sek Gai), a famous roasted duck stall in the neighbourhood. But there is another less famous one just next to it which has its own followers too, try them if you're at that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. Will look out if I am in the area.

      Delete