Wednesday 11 October 2023

Ooopss!! I Ate Cake(s)

This happened last Friday. Dunno why itchy backside wanna eat cake pulak. Stress, maybe.

I guess I was thinking of the cake that I didn't eat.

This one.


Ah! Kempunan!

So.


Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! They didn't have the Mocha Cake so I settled for the Lemon Poppy Seed Cake and Blueberry Cheesecake


The Lemon Poppy Seed Cake had a dense texture and lightly lemony in aroma and flavor. What I appreciated was that the cake was not sweet, I mean it was just lightly sweet.  


If you like lemon flavor, you will enjoy this cake.


One down, one to go. The coffee was of course excellent.


The Blueberry Cheesecake was not what I expected. The texture was powdery, could be a little sweeter (and this coming from someone who is averse to very sweet treats) and I would have preferred the addition vanilla essence in the batter.


I'm afraid this cheesecake didn't do it for me. As a matter of fact after not eating cakes and cookies and such for a long time, I have lost the taste for these delights.

Honestly. It did not evoke a sense of deep satisfaction like it used to. And it did not have an addictive quality (which is good). I am no longer a carb/sugar addict.


It was a busy afternoon (as usual) and the cakes did not bring me joy. No fault of the cakes (well, maybe the cheesecake could have been better heh). I guess I won't be having anymore (but never say never, right?). Besides, it's very pricey.


For that price, with a bit of top up, I could have something more substantial.


Yup, that happened a last week. Carb addict or not, I still enjoyed the French Toast.


Bye bye cakes!!?? No lah, cannot say goodbye yet. I still must taste that Mocha cake. And I will bake one of these days to bring joy to other people.

12 comments:

  1. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    You are really hilarious!!

    It is very good that you're no longer addict for carb/sugar. I will take longer time to achieve this for my health's sake. I do find their overall menu pricey especially the cakes and tarts. Anyway, their quality is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am still an addict - Chocolate! LOL!

      Delete
  2. That French toast platter looks gorgeous. I've been eating cakes, just bought one pandan Swiss roll two days ago. Eating it slowly, bit by bit. I don't abstain from cakes 100% now, will eat, a bit at a time and make sure my blood sugar level is under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to abstain too. I have been overindulging. Ooops! LOL!

      Delete
  3. You may not be a sugar addict anymore (or the cakes you had weren't good enough to get you addicted again!)....but carbs, maybe still a little? Lol (on the french toast)! Looking at the cakes, I obviously would prefer the lemon poppy seed cake. The blueberry cheesecake, I thought would be sweet seeing there's a layer of blueberry jam on top. I was wondering why you preferred vanilla essence in your cake when you can have it made with the real deal...fresh vanilla beans. Then you showed me the price (alamak, at that price, it better be vanilla beans)! I think I'd pay tops RM15 for a slice of cake...unless it's really good (and a little fancy), then maybe I'd be willing to go RM18 but not more than RM20 though. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still a bit addicted to bread heh..heh...and as I discovered, chocolate! As for the vanilla, what I meant is vanilla extract (pure of course). It does wonders to mask the cheesy smell. Their cheesecakes are above RM20.00 while the rest are around RM18.

      Delete
  4. RM21.90 for a piece of cake is too pricey for my wallet and Iike what you said, I rather add a little more to get a mains. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is too pricy. Just avoid their cheesecakes as they are the expensive ones.

      Delete
  5. Ah, now I also want to eat cakes after seeing your cakes but I know that eating cakes are now just a walk down memory lane because I don't seem to have that high satisfaction like previously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too? But I just discovered that chocolate cake is a different matter. Haiz. LOL!

      Delete
    2. Ah, I must must must try that mocha cake from red kettle.

      Delete