Friday 13 October 2023

Chocolate Is My Kryptonite

I did say that cakes are not as enjoyable to me as they were before I abstained from the sweet and carby stuff. BUT. There is a but.

I was still thinking of the Mocha Cake. I mean, I want to taste it. I was curious. So.


One afternoon, in spite of Red Kettle being crowded (as usual) I braved the discomfort of sitting at their raised section (which I dislike) just to taste the cake that was haunting me.


Sitting at this part of the restaurant is like sitting on a podium facing an audience hah...hah...hah....


Mocha Cake punya pasal I paksa rela to endure the discomfort.


I also got me a Carrot Cake. Just because.


I ate the Carrot Cake first. It was all right. I mean how exciting can a Carrot Cake be? I will say it was a nice cake. Not too sweet, even the frosting was not too sweet.


As for the piece de resistance, my tastebuds went Ding! Ding! Ding! This Mocha Cake I tell you is da bomb! It was so good and God bless me, carnivore that I am, this cake made me fall from grace. I think it's the chocolate. I am still addicted to chocolate.


Complemented with this excellent cup of Flat White, ahhhhh....... Well, I am being honest about it. I enjoyed the Mocha Cake and this cake brings back the memories of what cakes do to me.

And this is what addiction does. You want more.


Again. Mocha Cake. And another chocolate cake - the Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake. cham liao!


This Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake was unfortunately, dry. Maybe it was on the cake stand for too long but still it was a good chocolate cake. If only it was more moist, it would have been wonderful. The salted caramel topping was not too sweet, just nice.


This is my favorite lah. Just as good as the first time. If I allow myself a cake every now and then, this will be the one. 


So that's it. Time out! No more cakes at least not for the next couple of months. My curiosity about the Mocha Cake satisfied, I rest my case and I cannot and must not feed this addiction.

Oh ya, I failed to mention. In my previous post that the evening after consuming the cakes, I had legs cramps in the middle of the night. Same thing happened on my second cake indulgence.

And on my final visit, the leg cramp happened very soon after I left the restaurant. So sugar triggers my leg cramps and that should be a deterrent to me not to give in to such an indulgence too often.

12 comments:

  1. 😂😂 Curiosity kills a cat. This should be the title of this post.
    I agree that their Mocha Cake is da bomb! So rich taste with right texture that goes well with Flat White.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That cake is on my number one list. If there is any other opportunity to eat cake, I will only choose that one. The others can step aside.

      Delete
  2. Wah. Cake indulgence in this post....luckily I ain't a dessert person, or else I would like a bite if every slices. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good you are not a desert person. If not, very easy to be tempted and eat non-stop. LOL!

      Delete
  3. It's easy to abstain from cakes....since I've no addiction to them....carnivore or no carnivore...lol. But bread...haiz, that one difficult lah. P/S: This is the first time I've seen or heard someone experiencing leg cramps from eating something sweet....and it's a trigger for you every time...very strange! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Me too, when it comes to bread, I have a weak spot. Haiz... LOL!

      Delete
  4. I am not really into chocolate but my blog follower from Australia gave me a whole lot of stuff when he was back home in Sibu. I tried the Cadbury's chocolate chip cookies. Step aside, Famous Amos! This one was so so so good! The chocolate chips were so rich, so creamy...so much nicer than any chocolate chip cookies I had before. No wonder people kept telling me Kit Kat from Australia is so much nicer than Malaysia's...and Australian MILO too! Can buy that here in Sibu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Famous Amos is over rated. I don't like their cookies because they are made with shortening and not butter. My auntie used to bring back chocolate/cookies from NZ and they are really good too.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! You have successfully tempt me to eat this mocha cake with a cuppa flat white from red kettle. I hope their mocha cake will always be good quality because I think next year only I can go to starling mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..hah... I am sure the Mocha cake will still be there next year waiting for you!

      Delete
  6. I love cakes and the only factor that deter me from having them is the price, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Actually yes, it is way too pricey. But then I can't back just a slice of cake, so once in a while I am willing to spend.

      Delete