Tuesday 24 October 2023

My Mee Goreng Very Laku


Last Sunday I made mee goreng because my parents and my brother enjoy the fried noodles a lot. Besides, it is an easy dish to prepare.

Saturday evening, I got my ingredients ready. I peeled the big onions, garlic and sliced up some red chilies (seeds removed to reduce the spiciness). Then I cut up and marinated two deboned chicken thighs. These were stored in the fridge.

I was very tired. Earlier in the day, I walked from office to visit my mum.

This is my daily route.


It starts here.


In front of this row of shophouses.


This is the pedestrian crossing to cross the highway. Back in the good old days, there used to be an underground pass. It was terrible. The lights were vandalized (I had to walk in the dark a few times to go to work when I was staying in Damansara Jaya), vagrants used it as a toilet and you come across drug addicts sleeping around on the ground (shudders!)


Climb, climb, climb.


Walk, walk, walk.


Nearing destination.


I would be sweating buckets by this time.


And I end up on this side of the woods. After that, I walk some more. This morning I stepped on the scale and good Lord! I lost 8 lbs (approx 3.6kg) wahahaha!!!

After I visited my mum, I took Grabcar to the hospital to see my dad. After that it was back to office to work.


Back to Saturday evening. I decided to cook my meal for the week that night itself. Just in case anything unexpected happens on Sunday. 


So this pot was boiling.


After it boiled for about 15 minutes or so, I took it off the stove into the insulated pot.


Where the soup continued to cook slowly until the next morning.


Apa tu, you ask? Kimchi Jigae! Then I got a text from my brother that my dad would be discharged Sunday and if I could go over to wait for the ambulance. Of course, boleh!

Sunday early morning, I got into action with the mee goreng.


First I cooked the marinated chicken and added the vegetables.


In another wok, tumis the blended onions/garlic/chilies.


Woohoo!!


I mixed the yellow noodles with dark soy sauce and then tossed it all into the sauteed spice paste. Then I gradually added the cooked chicken/vegetables after adding some seasonings.


There you go. For mum, dad, bro and lahling. My partner and I delivered the food to my brother and then we went to Aeon for our grocery run.

Then it was back home to settle the groceries and after that he sent me back to my brother's place to wait for the ambulance. By then my brother had gone to the hospital to take care of the administrative matters.

Next thing I know, I got a call from my brother informing me that dad had to stay back due to a cardiac incident. So no discharge. I stayed for a while with mum and later my partner came to fetch me home. It was a good thing that I cooked my kimchi jigae the evening before. Or else it would have been an even more tiring Sunday. 

As of the time of writing, dad is still warded but he is all right. It is likely that he will be discharged soon.


Meanwhile, Kitty Kat was up to no good again. She was pulling her Spider Man stunt at the front door.


Naughty kitty!

12 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised. Your mee goreng sure looks really good! Eeeeee...I have this phobia for overhead bridges!!! The last time I walked on one was the short one adjoining Mid Valley and Gardens. As I was walking across, the cars zoomed so fast underneath that my legs turned to jelly and I had to hold on to the side and stagger across. It never happened before - I don't know why it did. Since then, no more overhead bridges for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to have phobia too! But ever since using the overhead bridge, I seem to be all right.

      Delete
  2. I remember that overhead bridge as I walked from hospital to Starling Mall under the blazing hot sun. I felt like a camel dragging my feet across Sahara Desert and my shirt was soaked with buckets of sweat. Once bitten twice shy!

    Huh!! I must have my Kimchi Jigae this week. Long time no eat. As usual, I got lured by you. It is more appetizing than eating Tom Yum soup.

    Your dad will be home soon. That's good news. You can cook Mee Goreng party again. I didn't know it's so easy to fry them. I will try one day and open a stall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken that overhead bridge too, the one to go to Damansara Kim. Ah, Kimchi Jiage is so good, I never get tired of it!

      Delete
  3. Your mee goreng very laku coz it must be delicious! ;) And it's due to the homemade chilli paste, I reckon. You don't cook your mee goreng with eggs? I love to eat mamak mee goreng with a squeeze of lime...yummy. P/S: When my late Cookie was at his kitten age, he too climbed all over my door grill as well. He even climbed the window grill inside the house! So, Kitty Kat is just being a kittie cat as they have lots of energy. My neighbour's two kittens also do that...climb (and hang) all over their cage...lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee..thank you! No, I don't usually cook mee goreng with eggs. Ah, so kittens love to climb. I hope she stops this when she is older.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for taking us on the walk with you. Good exercise 👍😊
    You are truly amazing 🤩 can cook so much noodles 🍜
    I guess you didn't eat a portion of the Mee goreng since you are still fully a carnivore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some leftovers that could not fit into the boxes and I ate the next day hee..hee..

      Delete
  5. Ah, kitty Kat is spiderman. Thanks for her photos, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mee Goreng is so tempting until I eager wanted to order a plate from the mamak nearby my office!

    ReplyDelete