Saturday 12 August 2023

After Vote, Makan!

Today I went to the polling station early. Slightly after 7:00am I walked to Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bandar Utama Damansara (3).


There were two leng luis walking ahead of me but their pace was a bit too leisurely for me. So this auntie zoomed ahead of them. I arrived at the school before 7:30am and there were not many people (unlike the general election). I was a little worried that the turnout would be low.


Voters were directed to the tent for checking and to get our confirmation slip.


My voting stream was on the top floor so me and the uncle2 and auntie2 huffed and puffed (at least I did) our way up the stairs. Why can't they put us on the ground floor and put the youngsters upstairs?


View from the top. I hope more voters turn up later.


I looked down and saw one auntie on wheelchair in the queue. Way to go auntie! Every vote counts. Hope she is a Harapan supporter hah..hah...


In less than 5 minutes I was done! I walked like a siau char boh (crazy woman) at full speed as I headed home to catch my carnivore support group community meeting.


There you go. My ugly finger, thanks to Suruhanjaya Pilihanraya. My zoom meeting ended slightly after 9:00am and I quickly booked Grabcar to go to the hospital.

My dad is doing all right, praise the Lord. After the blood transfusion he is bright and chirpy. It's a pity that he has lost his ability to walk. We are hoping that he can slowly regain some strength and at least walk a few steps with the help of a walker.

After the hospital visit, my brother took mum and I for lunch again. This is the only opportunity for mum to dine out. 


We went to The Butcher's Table. A place very ngam for me but I made a poor choice. You'll see why in a bit.


My fears about parking and getting a table were unfounded. I guess lunch time is quite safe but at dinner I know this place is packed.


Let's look at the menu.


There are lots of choices.


There is also a separate brunch menu.


At first I picked the Bacon Me Crazy and suggested the Pork Shoulder Chop to my mum. But mum decided she too wanted the Bacon Me Crazy.

So I chose the other option so that we don't all order the same dish. My brother went for the Bacon Carbonara with Scallop.


While waiting for our orders I went to the chiller to have a look. Do you see the pork tomahawk at the top left corner? I want to eat that (one day).


My attention was caught by the sausages.


I have eaten their sausages ordered via Grabfood and they were awesome. They say that their sausages are nitrate free and contain no fillers. I bought some and I will blog about that later.


That's my mum's Bacon Me Crazy. I thought the dish looked good especially the egg yolks. I was concerned the bacon steak might be too salty for mum but she said it wasn't.


My brother enjoyed his 
Bacon Carbonara with Scallop - creamy and cheesy he said.

And now mine.


I know.... luckily mum did not go with this. The fries were good (according to mum and bro, I didn't eat) as they were very crispy and tasty.

The Pork Shoulder Chop on its own was actually good because it was tender and moist. But the brown sauce was way too salty. So I scrapped most of it off and ate only the meat. There was also a bit of porky smell which was unfortunate.

Many thanks to my brother for the lovely lunch. With benefit of hindsight I should have ordered from the ala carte section (next time!).


When I got home I had another lunch wahahahaha!!! The pork was a bit too thin and I was still hungry. So I pan fried one Angus burger patty and cracked three eggs into it. Nyum


This is my auntie's red tulip. Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Same scenario at my polling station....eerily quiet. I got here at the same time (circa 7.30am) but previously the queue would snake onto the road outside. Today I only had about 4-5 people ahead of me so it was done in mere minutes. I don't know if it's low voter turnout or there's just a lot less people without WP....though I still think it's low voter turnout! >_< Why they made aunties & uncles vote upstairs (wrong SOP lah), mine the young people vote upstairs. Next time you can get download your saluran and no. bilangan online, so you don't have to Q for the nos (especially during the general election where the turnout is high).

    Oh, looks like the cooking and quality of the meats are inconsistent. They're a butcher (for crying out loud) so they shouldn't be having low quality or non-fresh pork that has porky smell (porky smell is very difficult to take, worse than beefy smell). >.< P/S: Just to share, this blood transfusion thing is only temporary...it's like "pumping petrol", once the tank is full, they're full of energy and then the levels drop and you have to go in for another "pump".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take a screenshot of my saluran and no. bilangan but they insisted on checking and everyone was given the confirmation slip. Apparently there were some issues during the last GE.

      Yes, I am aware that blood transfusion has a temporary effect and will wear off when my dad loses blood again. He has to have blood transfusions as and when he show symptoms of low BP and fatigue. That is the only remedy for him as it is no longer viable for further invasive medical procedures

      Delete
  2. Wow!! I love the whole menu of The Butcher's Table as the chefs know how to roast and cook. I agree that dinner crowd has always been very very packed with no parking space. I must try going at lunch hour like you.

    I am so glad your dad is better and chirping like a bird now. I have been given over 8 packets of blood and I know how it brought me back to life and removed the fatigue each time.

    Congratulations! Your PH won for Bandar Utama!! Hip hip hooray. TM dance around the coconut trees! 😂 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a restaurant that is very suitable for me. I intend to return and now I know I should order from the ala carte section. Yes, loss of blood is life threatening and must be topped up. So my brother has to minitor my dad's vitals daily and when his BP drops and fatigue sets in, it is time for his blood transfusion.

      Yes, Daisy and her partner also danced around the coconut trees macam in Hindustan movie. LOL!

      Delete
  3. I missed the last election. I was too ill to make my way there. Gosh!!! If it is on the top floor, I would just go home - forget about it! Your Pork Shoulder Chop looks gorgeous! The carbonara looks too creamy for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they make special arrangement for the mature voters who have heath issues. I can't eat carbonara because I cannot stand parmesan cheese.

      Delete
  4. PTL that your father is feeling bright and chirpy. Good that your mom can take a breather and have a nice lunch with you and your brother. They should have served the gravy/sauce to you separately and not drown the pork chop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Agreed, the sauce is better served separately.

      Delete
  5. I doubt the portion of that Bacon Me Crazy enough to fill you up, haha!

    ReplyDelete