Friday 11 August 2023

Makan After Hospital Trip

This morning I took Grabcar to the hospital. When I attempted to book a ride just before 9:00am, the fare was RM27.50. So I waited for another 15 minutes and the fare went down to RM14.50.

So I booked the ride. When I got to the hospital, I made my way to my dad's room. Mum and my brother were already there and the doctor was having a conversation with them. Dad is much better after the blood transfusion. I guess dad will have to stay for a few days for observation.

We left a few hours later for dad to rest and recuperate. So off we went for lunch at Kar Hiong. We have not been to this restaurant for a very long time.


I left the ordering to my brother. And it looks like all these dishes were what we used to order before LOL! We tend to stay safe by ordering what we know is good. 

So the first dish was the Honey Pepper Abalone Mushrooms - deep fried mushrooms tossed in honey pepper sauce. So good!


My brother loves this steamed fish. The fish was fresh and very good. My only compliant is the crispy shallots and ginger topping were very hard. Also the fish has small fine bones. So we had to be very careful when eating this fish.


We also had the Honey Pepper Chicken (my choice) and it was pretty good too.


The Bittergourd Fried in Egg was just OK. There was no wok hei aroma and the taste was just flat. My brother later commented that the food although good is not as good as it was before. 

I did not have any rice and just ate the dishes. After lunch (some 15 minutes later) I felt a drop in energy level. I have been eating "simple" foods for the past 49 days, so I guess my system was overwhelmed by the deep fried food and seasonings. 


This was my dinner last night. Yes, I tend to murder my eggs.


This was the steak before it was cooked, air dried in the fridge overnight.


I cooked the steak in my non-stick pan because I used the pan to fry the eggs. So might as well use the pan and save washing another appliance.


My appetite is reducing and this meal was very filling.


My auntie sent me these pretty flowers this morning. 


Love the color.


I am feeling very sleepy right now. LOL! Have a good weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Grab's so expensive over there? Maybe Sibu is a small town, going anywhere around here, the fare is just a single digit. Glad to hear that your dad is better now. Food at the restaurant looks good. Oh dear!!! Your poor eggs! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very expensive during peak hours. One time the fare from office to my home which is usually around RM10 went up to RM20. Crazy! My eggs hah..hah...

      Delete
  2. You didn't have any carbs...but you still felt lousy. The sugar was the culprit? Since you had two dishes with a honey pepper sauce. The fish you had with small bones could be wan yue. In the end, your trusted (old) pan is still your best (cooking) companion since you usually have to fry eggs as well when you eat steaks. Looks like your Ninja grill could be under-utilised. ^_~ P/S: Hope your dad is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sugar and other seasonings could be the culprit. Ah, I think you are right about the fish. Now I remember the server suggested wan yue. Hah..hah... I have not used the Ninja as frequently as I could have. Yes, my dad is better after the blood transfusion, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Two dishes with same flavour (honey pepper), seemlike your family like this flavour very much, hehe. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this flavor that's why I chose it for both dishes hee..hee...

      Delete