Thursday 17 August 2023

Ganja Duck

My dad is still in the hospital but on Sunday I did not visit him. I went for my usual grocery run and did whatever household chores that I could do.

Monday it was back on morning hospital run. I went to the office first to organize and clear up some work. Then I took Grabcar vroom.. vroom... to the hospital.

Usually me and mum would stay until after 11:00am and then we go back to my brother's house. After chatting with mum (who did not want lunch) I walked back to Damansara Utama.  First stop, lunch. I am now on 2MAD (two meals a day and I choose lunch and dinner).

MONDAY


Twins Signature Roast Duck is the most suitable place for me to have my (almost) carnivore compliant meals.


Can't go wrong with siew yoke and roast duck - lean and fatty meats.


Plus I love their Kopi C Ais Kosong. That day it was very kaw. I like!


The duck breast was superb!

TUESDAY

I was researching a morbid subject - bereavement services. My family and I have to be prepared for the inevitable. It's a very difficult thing to do but someone has got to do it. So before I left for the hospital, I looked into the brochures and studied the details. 

After the hospital visit, as usual I brought mum back to my brother's house. We sat down and I broached this difficult subject. Mum was actually relieved that I took the initiative because she said that she found it hard to bring up the subject to me and my brother. We sort of decided on a suitable package and the next step was to discuss with my brother (which I did later).

After that I walked back to Damansara Utama. Again I craved for duck. Alamak.


Maybe the duck is laced with ganja wahahahaha!!! 


I had duck with char siew. They made a mistake with my beverage and brought me Teh C. So I sent it back and got my Kopi C.


I was sweating after the walk and sat right in front of this giant fan to cool down while enjoying my meal.

I was a little bit depressed after talking to mum about the bereavement matters. So I needed a bit of cheering up.


hee..hee..hee... So cute!!!


Auuuwwww..... How I wish I could cuddle you! (But I know it would not be so cute when you pangsai).

WEDNESDAY


Guess where I went again. I tell you, got ganjaNo lah. It is simply good. That's why I love the duck.


I ordered the Kopi C from the see thau phor (lady boss) and it was the best. Maybe also got ganja LOL!


I was hankering for more duck. Where got people go and eat roast duck three days in a row? 

Very pricey to eat like this. But after looking at the bereavement services, I realized that - alive need money, die also need to pay money.

So I came to the realization that I would prefer to spend my money (within reason of course) while I am still alive and enjoy good food while I am at it. No point stinging here are there and in the end die also not worth it.


Leng chai Donald was also having lunch and he sat right in front of me. This boy eats a lot of carbs tsk..tsk... But he is young and skinny, so I guess it's fine.


If my late grandmother were here and saw how I ate, she would say "If people see you eating like this, nobody would ask for your hand in marriage" wahahaha!!!

So what did I eat today? No, no. Not duck. I will blog about it another day.

10 comments:

  1. I'm green with envy! I haven't had duck for so long - my missus does not eat duck. We went to a very nice place the other day and they had one duck set for 2-3 persons. Of course, we could not order that. Luckily, what we picked in the end was very nice so it was ok in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still order duck and take any leftovers home.

      Delete
  2. My, my, how much this Twins Signature Roast Duck has changed for the better for you. I checked out your previous posts and realised that you didn't like them during the first two times you tried them (via delivery)...they were gamey and burnt (I think Choi Yen also didn't like them)! >_< I wonder what has changed that it has now become your "most visited" place...different recipe, different cook? Must commend the chef at his skill in chopping up the half duck and always plating them neatly. Leng chai Donald have to eat carbs for the energy to work.

    Yeah, you're right about the bereavement services...must as well spend on good food while still alive...haha! I heard they have people hanging around hospitals and will "connect" you if you don't have anything set up. P/S: So, how much is that kitty in the window? (the last one, awww so cute)....you're killing me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What changed was simply the taste and texture of the duck. A major improvement. Oh yes, the duck was so neatly chopped and arranged on the plate so perfectly.

      The cutie pie kitty didn't have a price tag placed on the cage. But I bet it is four figures, not a price that I can afford. I was very taken by the kitty and it kept reaching its paws out towards me. Yup, it was killing me too!

      Delete
  3. Your meat platter looks really good. Nowadays people buy plots and packages way in advance in case the price goes up, especially for burial plots. I opt for cremation so just go to the government crematory will do for me and as I have no children, my ashes can just go anyway my siblings and spouse decide if they are still alive when I go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with you... treasure our moments with what we love to do while we are still alive and kicking... Chinese always go looking for food.... can eat, eat... the famous words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My late grandma used to always say that we should eat while we are alive instead of being prayed with food offerings when we die. LOL!

      Delete
  5. I wonder did you eat the sliced cucumbers that came along with the roasted duck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. I have no problems with veggies.

      Delete