Saturday 26 March 2022

Omega Pork Noodles, Kota Damansara

I am still trying out the good porky stuff in my quest to find delicious pork noodles and porridge. Ever since Champ's outlet at The Starling closed, I am really missing awesome pork noodles.

Photo from GrabFood

After trying and liking the pork porridge from Tasty Porridge@Kota Damansara, I decided to try Omega Pork Noodles, also located at Kota Damansara.


This was my order, the Omega Pork Noodle Soup


You can choose the type of noodles and for the toppings, you either go all in or you can opt out from having liver and chitterlings (small intestine).

And of course you can add extra ingredients at additional cost.


As you can see, based on past experience elsewhere where small is really small and standard sized toppings aren't quite enough, I opted for the big portion and added the mixed toppings bringing the price from RM11.90 to RM24.70.


My order arrived like this.


When I opened the bag, I realized that these people mean business - when they say big, they mean BIG.


The add-on mixed toppings was equivalent to a whole order of soup and toppings. And the amount of koay teow (big) was also enough for two BIG eaters. Suffice to say, this order not only covered my lunch, but my dinner too.


Oh yes, it was good. The soup base was robust and full of flavors (there were fried garlic in there too) with none of the gamey porky smell and the toppings were generous.


Too bad I did not have spring onions in the fridge (didn't stock up since I hardly cook these days) or else I could add some for added flavor.


These were the additional portions for my dinner and there was even leftover soup from the first serving. So now I know that if I order from this eatery, I can safely stay with the small portion.


Next I tried their Nanyang White Curry Noodle Soup with choice of mee hoon & yellow noodles and extra white curry chili (with benefit of hindsight, not really necessary for extra). I also added a side order of Vinegared Bittergourd (out of curiosity).


Again, very generous portions and the noodles I would say is enough for two portions. I thought this curry noodle was quite good as well and I enjoyed it a lot, though I struggled to finish it because it was quite a lot even for (a big tangki like) me.
Really struggled to finish this!

Due to added chili, my curry broth was quite spicy. So in between, I ate the vinegared bittergourd which helped to cool things down.


The pickled bittergourd was quite enjoyable.


Same as before, I had excess gravy which unfortunately I had to throw away.

Photo from GrabFood

I guess Omega Pork Noodles will stay on in my favorites list and my next thing try is their Pork Porridge hee..hee..hee...

10 comments:

  1. We like this omega pork noodles too as they have a branch in Sri Petaling. Did your order have that big piece of pork patty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the minced pork is in a big piece. A first time like that for me. LOL!

      Delete
  2. This one not Penang lang size....so big means big...wuahahahaha! I guess this order of pork noodles will take care of my entire day's meals then...hehehe. Putting fish balls in curry noodles is like so wrong to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish balls tak boleh kah? LOL! I don't know what is the proper toppings in curry mee. When my partner first ate Annie 1's curry laksa, he remarked "curry mee where got people put char siew?" hah..hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. Is that hor fun or mee sua? Looks good!!! Love all the innards in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hor fun, my noodle of choice when it comes to soup.

      Delete
  4. Haha, you must be forgotten about my post, mentioned about the big portion of Omega Pork Noodles. After the second visit, hubby & I decided just to order 2 bowls for 3 of us in the future visit, then add on extra "liu", LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My memory is not so good LOL! Now I know, do your strategy. Order small then add liu hah..hah..

      Delete