Saturday 12 March 2022

My First ShopeeFood Delivery

There is always a first time, right? After reading about the fabulous deals and discounts offered by ShopeeFood, I decided to give it a go.

As consumers, we have to explore all possibilities to save on our purchases. Now that Grabfood has twisted my arm (heh..heh...heh...) into signing up for GrabUnlimited, I must now look for other service providers to continue enjoying promos.

So last Friday evening had me scrolling ShopeeFood looking for restaurants. When I see my regular haunts (or potential eateries I want to try), I save the restaurant on my app for easy access.

Then I saw something that I have been wanting to eat. Sotong kangkung! Oh my, it is one of my favorite hawker food which I have not had for the longest time. Then I saw that this eatery also serves tauhu bakar and rojak buah. That's it! Tomorrow I must order!

By the way, today I phoned my mum. I am a very guilty daughter for not calling my mum on a regular basis because I am not one for phone calls. So she asked me "What have you been doing?" My reply "Ordering food" wahahahaha!!!

So.


These were my orders from Sotong Kangkung & Rojak Buah a stall at Selera Malam SS2

Sotong Kangkung (small).


Tauhu Bakar (one - which turned out to be two pieces)


And Rojak Buah (small).


All this for one person. Tsk...tsk...tsk...

I ate the sotong kangkung first. Sorry my bowl is very comot because I did the mixing in the bowl. I should have done it in another bowl for better presentation.


The ingredients are just blanched kangkung and squid with a packet each of black sweet sauce, chili sauce and crushed peanuts. There was also half a calamansi lime in the box. 


The stall gave a lot of sauce (I did not use all) and crushed peanuts (yes, more peanuts is a plus point). I won't say that the sotong kangkung was mind blowing, it was just all right. Not as good as what I remembered sotong kangkung to be. 

Next I had the tauhu bakar.


The beancurd was still nicely crispy when it reached me. It is not bad but I still prefer the one that was sold from a van in Taman Tun Dr Ismail (don't know if it is still there). 

Then I had the rojak buah.


Again, very generous with the rojak sauce and crushed peanuts. I ended up enjoying the rojak buah the most although this cannot beat the rojak uncle at Atria. I wonder if he is still there.

I got a nice discount of RM12.00 off this order, so I paid net RM26.50. The sotong kangkung was the most expensive item (RM17.00, I reckon sotong is pricey), the rojak buah was RM9.00 and tauhu bakar (RM6.50). I don't think I will order again since it is pricey and not as good as I had hoped. 

So what did I think of ShopeeFood? Well, the interface and tracking is not as sophisticated as Grabfood's. But in terms of promos and discounts, this is the place to be. It's just like shopping, they have vouchers and flash deals for grabs and it's quite fun.

When I run out of discounts from Grabfood (which I have), I  can turn to ShopeeFood. Yay! (Like this, where got incentive to cook, right? hah..hah...)

16 comments:

  1. Ya, I guess sotong is expensive. I think it is like almost forever since I last eat sotong kangkung. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Now you have tempted me to look for it on the apps for lunch but I think they mostly sell for dinner instead of lunch. Your review on shopeefood is spot on. I will be using that after I have used up all the deals on Foodpanda and grabfood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stall opens 11:30am. There was another one at the same location which I found that operates at 1pm. I might try it later on.

      Delete
  2. I would enjoy all your orders, look good, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that I can have hawker fare delivered. I am looking for others that make better tasting sotong kangkung.

      Delete
  3. I had rojak yesterday, so I am not drooling over yours right now!! Lol.

    Good to check out other food delivery app. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like all the above - sotong kangkong, rojak buah and tauhu bakar....all are my fav but hardly find the good ones these days. Long time didn't eat these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. The really good ones, I don't know where they are. Maybe very far from me LOL!

      Delete
  5. I love to eat Sotong Kangkung very much!! That stall you ordered the Tauhu Bakar is quite disappointing to me as it was too dry when I ate there. Well, the van in TTDI is still operating if we are referring to the same one operated by a Malay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am not wrong, the one that my late uncle used to buy was operated by Chinese. My search for good sotong kangkung is still on LOL!

      Delete
  6. Haha, you're so into food delivery apps that you did researches and studied on how to get the maximum benefit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lor...these days cooking is becoming extinct. LOL!

      Delete
  7. I'm using ShopeeFood now that Grab is stingy with their discounts. I love that ShopeeFood offers lots of discount vouchers. Yeay! Let's hope they keep this for long term hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love it that there are so many vouchers up for grabs. Good competition for GrabFood. Padan muka. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Glad to see you finally enjoying your discounts with ShopeeFood deliveries which I've hinted to you for a long time that their discounts are endless with almost free delivery all the time (now you know why I use them so often). Enjoy them while you can...good things don't last forever! Just to let you know, ShopeeFood have what we call a Savings Pass that you can buy for a mere 10 cents which gives you more than 10 vouchers (for a period of about 10 days) but there are some days when you can buy a pass which gives you a (crazy) 25 x Food Discount + 25 x Food Delivery like the one that's happening now (up to 31 Mar) but just be careful not to buy more than one as you can only use one savings pass per session (the pass will indicate a start & end date, so don't buy more than one pass with the same dates coz the system will let you buy but you can't use the vouchers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I should have jumped on earlier! Thanks for the tip. I bought the 10 sen savings pass earlier and have been using it and I'll be sure to watch out for the dates when I buy then next one. In terms of discounts ShopeeFood is clearly more attractive than GrabFood though I have issues with the ShopeeFood app from time to time.

      Delete