Wednesday 19 January 2022

Wings of the World

I have been curious about Wings of the World for quite some time already after spotting them on Grabfood. On a public holiday, I was craving for 4Fingers but seeing that they are so atas (no Hotdeals ever), I decided to try Wings of the World instead.

I chose the Fried Bone-in Wings Combo. The base price is for 6 pieces of chicken. Six pieces where got enough? So I selected 8 pieces (the next level is 10 pieces). You get to choose 2 flavors, one side dish, a dip and beverage.


My meal arrived piping hot via Grabfood scheduled order. I normally prefer scheduled order if it is available and if the delivery time is suitable. I find that with scheduled order, there is less waiting time and sometimes the food arrives earlier than expected.


For the wings, you have to choose two flavors. I do wish that I could opt for just one. So I selected the Soy Garlic (Korea) and Tropical Salsa (Mexico).

Each flavor is designated to a country so you get the idea why it is called Wings of the World. The other flavors available are - Italian Parmesan (Italy), Green Chili (Malaysia), Bali Bali (Indonesia), Tom Yam (Thailand), Cajun (USA), Smoky BBQ (USA) and Teriyaki (Japan).


The Tropical Salsa option is battered chicken wings accompanied by a tub of salsa.


This salsa gives off a chicken rice vibe (which matched with the rice I ordered) with garlic, ginger, green chilies, onions, tomatoes, spring onion and Chinese parsley (daun sup) mixed with lime juice. Although I did not dislike the salsa, I won't order this flavor again.

As for the Soy Garlic, I have no complaints. It is comparable to its expensive cousin (hah..hah...) with a more generous coating of sauce. This, I will reorder when the next craving hits (perhaps accompanied by the Teriyaki).


I chose Garlic Rice as my side order. It was very aromatic and the taste is reminiscent of chicken rice. 

The other choices of sides are - Onion Rings (I'll get this next time), Fried Enoki Mushrooms, Shoestring Fries, Veggie Sticks, Waffle Fries, Double Cajun Cheese Waffle Fries, Cajun Cheesy Waffle and Grilled Corn (the last 4 items were unavailable at the time of order).

As for the dip, I chose Spicy Mayo and the other choices are - Honey Mustard, Ketchup and Chili Sauce. The dip went well with the battered wings and I reckon for other wing flavors, you won't even need a dip.

In terms of beverages, I always choose bottled water over soft drinks.


Before enjoying the wings, I took out this nifty plastic bag I bought from Daiso.


It can stand upright and it is very convenient for you to drop the chicken bones into it for easy and neat disposal hah..hah....

With the 50% Hotdeals, this meal cost me RM19.65 (inclusive of RM3.00 delivery fee). Not bad at all!

20 comments:

  1. Yours look good! I also had wings today, from the packs in the Chinese New Year set I received yesterday - honey and teriyaki. Nice but nothing out of the ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some other eateries that I want to try. I am wings crazy at the moment LOL!

      Delete
  2. With the 50% discount, it is a good bargain. Good that you finally tasted it and satisfy your curiosity. Chicken wings anytime for me, I don't mind any flavour as long as no weird or overwhelming sourish taste. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to prefer soy garlic flavor or teriyaki.

      Delete
  3. Great deal with 50% discount! I would order that too😋

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I also look for hotdeals, I still do online delivery at times, to my love ones at home... hahahaa.. kiasu, must use up the hotdeals then only satisfied! I love chicken wings too and I think I will go for both different flavors, one moist and one dry....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, more saving, why not right? These days it is so convenient, just click, click, click! You van be halfway round the world and yet can order food for the people back home.

      Delete
  5. Chicken wings for me anytime. Looks so yummy. I need to stock up some chicken wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It has been a long time since I roasted my own chicken wings.

      Delete
  6. I love hot deals on grab! Now we are starting to use grabpay to collect points when we use Grabfood. Thanks for this review. Now I know what to expect from this eatery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Grabpay most of the time when it is available as a payment option. Very worthwhile to collect points and convert to deals.

      Delete
  7. Eh, why would you want only one option for flavour? The more variety, the better, then you can get through tasting all the flavours faster and decide which two you like best...lol. A nifty plastic bag indeed (must be thick plastic for it to stand upright)...biodegradable, I assume, otherwise even more plastic to dispose of. That's why my decision to install a food disposal unit in my kitchen when I upgraded/renovated my kitchen was one of my best decisions ever...comes in real handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't feeling adventurous that day hah..hah... It would be good to have an option that says "choose at least one, maximum 2 flavors). Oh! A food disposal unit is very good to have in the kitchen. I used to hear about it from my auntie who lives overseas.

      Delete
  8. Very interesting concept of each flavours represent a country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, as for the Mexico, I would have preferred the Mexican style salsa.

      Delete
  9. I must say that I am a lousy online shopper. I always admired people who received 50% discounts!!!!! I often received coins or next purchase discounts from Shoppee or Lazada or others but I never bothered to keep track. Time for me to wake up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lousy too. I don't know how to take advantage of those Lazada and Shoppee goodies. Like you, I also don't keep track of those coins and whatever. LOL!

      Delete