Saturday 22 January 2022

Bok Bok Korean Fried Chicken

I say, this madam is eating fried chicken again! When the fried chicken mood hits, it hits.

Yesterday evening, while laying in bed with a cold compress under my back, my finger started scrolling Grabfood (when I have nothing to do, this is how I exercise my finger) in search of Korean fried chicken.


I found Bok Bok Fried Chicken (which is in Damansara Uptown and I am not even aware). The Nasi Goreng Kimchi Chicken with 6 pieces of chicken looked pretty good.

So today I made a scheduled order for 11:00am. For the chicken, only the boneless option was available, though I would have preferred wingettes and drumettes (somehow I always prefer bone-in chicken). The flavors I chose were Soy Garlic and Yangnyeom (Sweet & Spicy). The other two flavor options were Original and Sambal Hijau.

I also put in an order for Kimchi Coleslaw since I must have some vegetables with my meal.


My food was delivered later than expected but that was fine with me. 


I must say that the portion size is rather generous. This meal can feed two small eaters and was very ample for a big eater like me.


The kimchi fried rice looked rather pale but was not short on flavors. This is strictly for kimchi lovers as the kimchi flavor was very pronounced.


There were chopped kimchi and thin slivers of shitake mushroom in the fried rice. It would have been nice if the rice was garnished with a sprinkling of spring onions.


I was very happy with the fried chicken as it was crunchy and the flavors were spot on. This is another Korean fried chicken that I would definitely order again.

If there is one disappointment with this order, it was the Kimchi Coleslaw.


It is pretty much a coleslaw with bits of kimchi mixed in, so it is much tangier than regular coleslaw. What I disliked about this coleslaw is that it was drowned in mayonnaise. Too much dressing was applied and it became very cloying. So it would fare better with less.

So that was my very filling lunch and there will be a re-order in future minus the coleslaw. By the way, this meal cost me RM20.30 (with Hotdeals discount of RM12.50 and inclusive of RM4.00 delivery fee)

14 comments:

  1. That looks good! I do enjoy the Korean fried chicken at the franchises that we have here. Been so so so long since I last went to one of them. Somehow, I am not craving for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I found this one which is good and affordable.

      Delete
  2. Fried chicken looks delicious. Just the fried chicken for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I will just order the fried chicken. I can make my own coleslaw :)

      Delete
  3. I know fried chicken has been a bit of a trend with lots of different varieties out there but I'm just not a fan of deep-fried food so make a terrible judge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know, you are into healthy eating. Fried chicken is a no no in terms of health, so good for you!

      Delete
  4. I'm totally understand that fried chicken craving, because I have that "urge" very frequently, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hotdeals are very worth it. Wah, your chicken and kimchi coleslaw sounds so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like I am practically enjoying the Hotdeals everyday. My kitchen is taking a break. LOL!

      Delete
  6. That overdressed mayo doesn't look like a kimchi coleslaw at all. >_< My son always goes for the boneless option (youngsters are lazy to devour the bones), but (like you) I prefer the bone-in option too...definitely more flavour when meat is cooked on the bone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fight with 4Fingers' kimslaw that's for sure. Somehow without bones, it's like not exciting hah..hah...

      Delete
  7. Wow! I miss fried chicken for over 3 months now under "restricted diet". Your post made me miss Seoul and all the fried chickens there which the Koreans boasted that they have the BEST in this world. I must admit that it is really true that any fried chicken around South Korea tastes better than Kyochon here. You need to go there for honeymoon!!

    I love this name Bok Bok!! Wakakakaka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fried chicken is definitely a no no when one is recovering from surgery! Get well first, then you can enjoy fried chicken again. Ah, another destination for my lahling to take me. LOL!

      Delete