Wednesday 26 January 2022

Nasi Kerabu, K-Fried Chicken and Oh My God Ayam Penyet Again


This week, I tell you, my kitchen betul2 shutdown. Like Chinese New Year already started wahahahaha!! But seriously lah, I can't take it anymore.

I don't know about you, but after many many meals from outside, I am beginning to feel a bit jelak, even though the food is actually good.


I had Ayam Penyet again. This time quite a pricey one from Ayam Penyet Kiara which to their credit, was a very decent ayam penyet


The chicken leg was quite sizeable (compared to the rest) and well marinated. I thought their sambal was pretty good too. The yellow colored soup was thankfully quite tasty and I finished it all.


The next day I ordered the Nasi Kerabu Ayam Madu from Hayaki. To bump up the price to qualify for the 50% Hotdeals, I ordered a Mango Rock. My brother once told me that the Mango Rock is very good,


So this was my nasi kerabu.


There was a tiny tub of sambal belacan hidden under the salted duck egg. The bigger plastic tub contained the sambal tumis.


I poured all the sambal tumis and sambal belacan onto the rice. Then I mixed everything up with the raw vegetables, sambal kelapa and thinly sliced herbs. So good!


There was also a small packet of keropok to accompany my meal.


I was initially afraid that the Mango Rock would be too sweet but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't. It was so refreshing with chunks of mango inside.


This is really nice, can order again next time.


Today for some reason, I went overboard. I ordered the Bok Bok Tasting Platter (12 pieces) from Bok Bok Korean Fried Chicken. Since there were 12 pieces, I could choose all the 4 flavors.


These are the Soy Garlic and Yangnyeom. Already confirmed that I love these two flavors.


These are the Original and Sambal Hijau. The Original is pretty good and so was the Sambal Hijau which had a distinct aroma of green chilies and is quite spicy.


A small tub of kimchi and pickled daikon was provided with this meal.

Of course I could not finish all the fried chicken in one sitting. I kept half for my dinner. After finishing the last piece, I kind of felt like enough is enough. Too much indulgence is not good. 


Maybe I will have something light tomorrow, maybe a dessert instead? We'll see!

14 comments:

  1. yes, there are alot of online deals lately in both Grab and Foodpanda. I can't resist to order delivery like...everyday! this time the ayam penyet looks good...at least the chicken is not dry and penyet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all these deals, it feels like wasted if we don't use it LOL!

      Delete
  2. Sambal tumis, sambal belacan? No air budu? No kerisik ikan or is that what you call sambal kelapa? It does look good though, though not quite like a regular nasi kerabu. Yes, it does get boring eating out all the time - we end up craving for our comfort foods at home no matter how simple it may be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there is budu in the sambal tumis. The sambal kelapa has some bits of fish in it. so I guess it is the same as kerisik ikan.

      Delete
  3. Lol. I told you, after many days of eating outside food, you will miss cooking your own. Lol.

    Outside food is nice and tasty, but full of msg. Hehe. Once in a while, it is ok. Since MCO, I have been cooking a lot. Almost 2 years now. Once in a while I will order food delivery or tapau outside if busy or craving for certain food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. Now I know where to get good quality ayam penyet. I am tempted to buy the mango drink which I think I will like a lot. Sometimes when I feel jelak eating food, I will puasa and only eat one Light meal a day. Like that, I will feel like eating again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! After all, puasa is good for us.

      Delete
  5. I hope the Mango Rock is made from real fruit juice, does it?
    I can see your Nasi Kerabu came with less rice, more dishes, I like portion like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there was no artificial mango taste and also lightly sweet. A bit more rice would be better for me LOL!

      Delete
  6. I used to bring midnight guests to Hayaki at Uptown before they moved away. Someone told me this Hayaki chain originated from Kelantan when I last visited Kota Bahru.

    I have been eating Nasi Kerabu at the outlet inside Starling Mall's Foodies Court. Not the best but definitely very delicious for me and my convenience. You can try it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be referring to Sambal Inc. I have tried their nasi kerabu but honestly, I did not like it. Hayaki's is much much better. They have moved to a smaller location, along same row as Telekom.

      Delete
  7. I'm so easily tempted by all these yummy fooooddddd *scrolling grabfood now*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Go ahead since Hotdeals is on till 15-02-2022!

      Delete