Wednesday 3 June 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #78 (Saturday Nite's All Right)


Last Saturday I went to work again. I wanted to clear a few things and prep for the coming week. I feel a lot better when I sacrifice a Saturday to have a peaceful week ahead.

Before dropping me off, my partner stopped by Damasara Kim to buy his breakfast.


Oh, now only I notice that it is Restoran Kim Wah and no longer Restoran Golden Kim Wah. Besides there is another signboard that reads Restoran Yau Tak Teng.

When I got to the office, it was full steam and all systems go. Then later I got hungry. It was lunch time after all, so time for a walk to hunt for food.


On my way to Family Mart, I noticed that Crack Pork@Damansara Uptown has closed for good. No surprises there.


This is my loot. Walnut Raisin Loaf (because the cranberry one was not available), sandwiches and something I have never had before - onigiri.


I chose teriyaki chicken only to regret later.


To keep the seaweed fresh, it is wrapped separately. You have to wrap the onigiri yourself.


Quite tricky, I did what I thought was right.


Ok...rice with filling...


The chicken had a smell. It was not fresh.


Next I moved on with the sandwiches. These were the best. So fresh and so tasty. 


I had this bread later in the afternoon. Very fresh and very tasty. Love it!


That evening my partner had to pick up a few things. We parked right in front of Rice & Pot Empire and I waited in the car. After the MCO, I want to come here to eat my porkie soup.


We decided to tapau dinner from Seng Kee Chicken Rice. The shop was not open for dine-in. Tapau only.


I waited for our order while my partner went to the bank.


Our order of two chicken rice and 1/2 poached chicken cost RM37.00.

Guess who kidnapped all the coriander?
The chicken that evening was exceptionally good and so was the rice. 

We might have chicken rice again this weekend.

26 comments:

  1. someone doesn't like coriander yah ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the chicken looks soft and tender...can tell that it is very fresh! yummmzzz! eh...mana ah girl? she didn't come over to kacau u, when u open the chicken rice box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave her some chicken breast meat hee..hee..

      Delete
  3. Is that your handsome partner coming out of the shop? Sandwiches look so good - we have a shop selling those and some very nice salads...and set lunches but parking in the area is a pain so I seldom stop by to buy. I would not buy bread with nuts, raisins are fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lah, not him. LOL! I used to dislike bread with nuts and raisins but I enjoy it now.

      Delete
  4. The chicken looks so very smooth in the container. Onigiri I only eat salmon but found it to be too much rice. You did superbly to open the seaweed until it is wrapped nicely around the rice. I don't dare to eat chicken onigiri mainly because I don't quite like the taste of chicken. Much prefer salmon only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the chicken they used was not fresh as the onigiri was still within expiry date. I want to try onigiri again but with tuna filling.

      Delete
  5. The Walnut raisin loaf is white bread? Now I only eat wheat bread because I was told that white bread turns into too much sugar in the body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked like white bread, not sure.

      Delete
  6. This crackpork wasn't as nice as the original so not surprised that it closed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your self made sandwiches should be nicer than family mart sandwiches. Looks like you are back to the before mco routine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love the walnut raisin loaf. Can eat just like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just eat like that, no need to put jam or whatever. So good!

      Delete
  9. Walnut raisin loaf looks good. Hmmm...chicken rice looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good, my partner regretted not buying extra rice. LOL!

      Delete
  10. RM37 for 2-pax chicken rice seems rather expensive...but if shared by three (aka a furry kepochi), then ok-lah! :D I can only tapau chicken rice for one since no-one in my family likes to eat poached chicken though I now also have a fluffy family member who can share with me. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kepochi got her share of chicken breast hah..hah..

      Delete
  11. I had eaten onigiri before and it was so tasty. Give me those coriander! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you love coriander too! hah..hah...

      Delete
  12. Feel sorry to know that you got a not-so-fresh onigiri if you were trying because of my recommendation :( But the way you open the packaging seem not correct as there is an indicator on the plastic packaging shown where you can pull and you will get a "completed" rice ball wrapped with seaweed. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I missed the instruction on the onigiri hah..hah... I will be trying again as I want tuna filling. Will read the instructions first. LOL!

      Delete
  13. Lots of food stuff were not actually fresh during this MCO and CMCO, I notice...One time I went to buy these famous cookies and just one bite, I know they have kept it for some time already... no more freshness... anyway, really cannot blame them, they just couldn't finish selling the production before they make fresh ones again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case must wait first after MCO for them to clear the stale stock hah..hah..

      Delete