Friday 22 February 2019

A Better Lunch : Empire Sushi@The Starling


I have been passing by this little sushi place at The Starling but was not compelled to try because I was a little skeptical about it. I know I am being judgemental.


I mean, I was thinking Sushi King which I never bothered to visit ever since I noticed that quality dropped quite a lot on my last visit many many years ago. 


It was my partner who alerted me about Empire Sushi which he visited recently. He told me about the ordering system and the little red train that brings the food to the tables. 


After my disappointing lunch the other day, I thought why not give Empire Sushi a try although my partner did caution me to keep my expectations low.



Ordering here is by way of a tablet. I was a bit jakun lah since it was my first time.



Just be sure to check your order before you tekan (press) the green tick mark. In my excitement, I accidentally placed two orders for the Tako Wasabi (and did not notice). So be careful, don't simply tekan-tekan.



After placing the orders, I did not know what to do and had to ask for assistance and the server showed me how to complete my order. 


Ah! The little red train came (playing a Japanese song) with my sushi hee...hee.... So cute!



That was when I realized I had made two orders of the Tako Wasabi. The Hana Tuna Mayo (RM2.90) was to my liking.



The Tako Wasabi (RM3.90) was all right. While waiting, the little red train was kept busy by the table in front of me. 



So I waited for my turn.



Is that mine?



It was zooming towards me.



Yay! Sudah sampai!



See. That was my grand lunch. 



The Chicken Teriyaki Rice (RM11.80) was quite nice though the portion size is small. Just as well that I accidentally ordered an extra portion of sushi or else I would not feel satisfied. Total bill RM26.10 and credit card is accepted here.



You know what? I came away quite happy. Though this is not top notch sushi, it is good enough for me. Now I know where to go for my sushi fix. I will be back!


22 comments:

  1. Love the serving train. Glad you enjoy it and would come back for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the convenient ordering and fast service. Food is decent enough to keep me happy.

      Delete
  2. I have not had sushi brought to me by a train. I can imagine seating in the first table and seeing the train pass you by all the time with someone else's food instead...not fun...hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... You are right! I never thought about it, so it's best not to seat at the first table LOL!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know that empire sushi has a restaurant now! not sure if it is the same brand as the kiosk that I visited 2 years ago (https://utopiastaging.blogspot.com/search?q=empire+sushi).
    Your grand meal is so colorful! Just my type of meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lunch looks delicious. It is fun to have your lunch delivered to you by the cute train. Thank you, Phong Hong for your comment that my blog will not be affected by the Google+ notification. Very much appreciated, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this eatery when I ate at ah cheng laksa at starling mall that day. they have salmon bowl too. maybe I will try that one day but I am afraid the teriyaki sauce may be too overpowering for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teriyaki sauce on my chicken was alright. Not too heavy.

      Delete
  6. So cute the little red train

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee...it plays a song too that makes it quite funny!

      Delete
  7. The rice set looks good. Can't say the same about the sushi though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not quite the place for sushi that is prepared with finesse.

      Delete
  8. I guess you had to eat those two just to satisfy your curiosity and I can sense after being done with everything you had to be carried home haha...Lol!
    The Glossychic
    Wonder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I needed a train (big one) to take me home!

      Delete
  9. You sure have the Starling checked out. I would love to see a list of your recommended places/ meals there. A little guide to follow when we visit the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few restaurants at The Starling but none that I find outstanding. I recently had clams at Two Sons Bistro which were rather good. One more that you could try (I only visited once for lunch) is Bonfire which received encouraging reviews from some bloggers.

      Delete
  10. Make me think of Genki Sushi that I went a few months ago with similar train delivery system :)

    ReplyDelete