Wednesday 27 February 2019

A Date at Dragon-i@1 Utama


What to eat? What to eat? It was Friday evening and I was thinking of Chili's@1 Utama but every time we go there, my partner will eat the Sante Fe Chicken Salad. That's the only thing he will eat at Chili's. Haiz....

We were there the week before so this time I decided to go to a place where the food is more suited to him. He likes all those Chinese Chinese places lah. So Dragon-i it was.


I noticed that they have Peking Duck. But no, we were not having that.


Oh, I like this plate hee..hee...


We had this lovely Jasmine Tea Lemongrass drink. Very refreshing and only barely sweet. Loved this!


I made my partner do the ordering. His turn lah.


I have had many mishaps eating siew loong bao. In order not to squirt, I put it on my spoon and poked it with my chopsticks to release the soup so that I can enjoy it, accident-free.


The spring rolls were OK. If only there was some chilli sauce, I would enjoy them better.


These dumplings were quite nice. I think my partner did not realize that they came with chili oil when he ordered this.


These siew mai were very nice. One for him and two for me hee..hee...

Where got enough, right? S0. Our mains.

His. 


Hers.


My order is Seafood Hot and Sour Soup La Mien. I'm afraid I did not enjoy this because it did not taste like the usual hot and sour soup.

There was too much chili bean sauce (toban djan) in it and it was overpowering. Besides, the noodles were starchy and heavy and there was barely any seafood in the soup.


So that was our dinner date. Next time, I'll forget the noodles.

26 comments:

  1. I have been to this outlet. Twice during our stay in Cititel Mid Valley long time ago. My man loved the food there. The roasted duck was good.

    So pity you didn't enjoy the la mien.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try the duck. Must bring more people hee..hee..

      Delete
  2. So nice of you to eat at a place that your partner likes. Last year or was it 2017 that I discovered that I like the salted egg yolk prawns at Dragon-i (also Canton-i because they are from the same dining group so this dish is the same) and I will always order this dish when I eat at either place. A long time ago I tried the la mien and the noodle was too heavy for me so I never order it again. Seems like the la mien noodles are not suitable for you either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The la mien used to be good, not anymore. Next time I must try the salted egg yolk prawns.

      Delete
  3. I would go for the Peking duck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea, their noodles texture is starchy and feels like eating 'flour dough', very filing till i dun want to eat noodles in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time it was much better and got more choices. It looks like they have cut down on the la mien in the menu, only few choices.

      Delete
  5. the lemon grass drink must be very strong on the lemon grass fragrance..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, very light and refreshing.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I do like the pretty blue plates and bowls....does that count? ;) I've had their la mian before (a few years back) and remember liking it before...maybe it's different now. Their menu is quite similar to Din Tai Fung's which I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... we have the same taste in crockery too! Yes, the la mien used to be good but not anymore judging from this visit :(

      Delete
  7. Pity some of the dishes weren't good.
    But they sure look nice! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to visit dragon i and canton i at jb, they are both under the dining group, we usually order some dishes with rice when we go there, not so keen in la mien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I want to have rice and dishes. No more noodles for me.

      Delete
  9. I love to eat at dragon-i and they have very Chinese menu!

    That Siew Loong Bao comes in many sizes in China from a 20 cents coin size up to a dinner plate size!!! Just imagine the bigger disaster for squirting the soup inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I wonder what's it like to have big siew loong bao. Sure banjir. LOL!

      Delete
  10. i sometimes feel like the person who invented xiao loong bao meant it to be a prank - and he'd laugh whenever he saw someone spilling their soup out of their dumpling! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. It was very crunchy but I was missing some sweet chili sauce.

      Delete
  12. I have been there a few times and we quite like the food there. The only noodle we ordered was the fried version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fried version could be a better bet.

      Delete
  13. Your hubby clear soup noodles with pork chop definitely looks better that yours, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete