Friday 15 February 2019

Milky Soup is Very Nice! : Mr Fish@The Starling


One evening, my brother dropped by my office to get my signature on some documents. See how important I am? wahahaha!!!

Since it was nearly time for me to knock off, I asked him for a lift home and suggested an early dinner. Initially I wanted to take him to Crack Pork but it was still too early and they appeared to be shifting some tables and stuff for a function that evening.

So we ended up at Mr Fish@The Starling. Most unfortunately, the photos I took of our dinner disappeared from my phone. Bah! Has this ever happened to you?


I returned on my own for lunch another day and was pleasantly surprised to see the lunch promotion.


The promotional menu is slightly different inside with an addition of a new set meal, Set 6 with Halibut Fillet (RM15.90).


That's what I went for and I chose the Milky Soup (which I had with my brother) because I have a liking for it after trying it on an earlier outing with my partner.


The fried halibut fillet was served separately on a plate.


My fears of the soup tasting of milk was unfounded and now I understand why my brother loves it so much.


There were bits and pieces of salted vegetables (kiam chye) in the broth and my brother enjoys that a lot.

On another visit I had Set 3 (RM15.90, Grouper Fillet, Fish Maw and Fish Paste Mix). This time with curry soup.


Look at that. Absolutely scrumptious!


So good! I threw caution to the wind and drank all the soup to the last drop and I am happy to report that it did not make me thirsty or bloated afterwards. 

Mr Fish accepts Favepay (yay!) but the cashback is a bit kedekut. Only 5% but OK lah. There is also free wifi (password is pasted on the wall), which is great because the Starling free wifi sucks. Without wifi, your e-wallets won't work:(

After my meal, I went jalan-jalan to burn some calories (as if that would help) when I spotted the newly opened Famous Amos kiosk. When is IlaoIlao coming? Haiz........


On my way back to office, I spotted the MBPJ people in action.


They are very active, so don't double park when you come here. 

24 comments:

  1. I usually order clear soup, not milky type. But once a while, I don't mind.

    Wow! They really tow away the car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a few people stressed out when finding their car in the process of being towed away.

      Delete
  2. I agree that the milky broth does not have those strong milk taste. Good that Mr Fish is another place that you can eat at, at Starling Mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lunch promotion makes it even more attractive.

      Delete
  3. I have eaten there twice and loved it. I would polish the soup dry and return their bowls sparkling clean. I prefer to eat there in air conditioner comfort instead of that famous Woo Pin Restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the the environment there. Quite cosy.

      Delete
  4. I think I may had one or two photos disappear but never the entire lot. I did delete the entire lot of a place I ate at once by accident! >.< I prefer clear to milky soup when having fish or fish head noodles...that's becoz I find the milky version has a sweetness to it (after all, it is canned evaporated milk).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I immediately email out my photos just to be safe hah..hah..

      Delete
  5. My girl loves those! We have not got a nice one here - the ones you had sure looked good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fish noodles here are really good.

      Delete
  6. Is it milky because of actual cow's milk or is it just milky in appearance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is evaporated milk added to the soup which sounded scary to me but it tastes good.

      Delete
  7. wouldn't it be creepy if the photos you took disappeared off your phone ... replaced by photos that you DIDN'T take :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Are you a horror movie buff too? LOL!

      Delete
  8. Must be ggod lah since you return so soon and managed to snap more photos that didn't disappear. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know whether we have Mr Fish in Ipoh. I am used to the clear broth with kiam chye. I have tasted once or twice milky broth and I am okay with the milky soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have something similar in Ipoh. It was quite a discovery liking the milky soup.

      Delete
  10. I dislike anything milky (including milk chocolate), but i'm fine with fish noodles, mayb becoz the milky taste is not that obvious due to the salted veggie...I can finish drinking and licking the bowl clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly the soup does not taste of milk or else I think it would be awful!

      Delete
  11. Does the set lunch available on weekends?
    I like how they serve the fish separately so they won't become soggy after drenching in the soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... they did not seem to mention in the banner, so maybe got.

      Delete