Friday 13 July 2018

Date Nite@Chihiro (CLOSED)



As we were making our way to Chihiro, my partner lamented that he missed Hokano. Yeah, me too. I think my brother misses Hokano too.  

This is our third visit to Chihiro. This time, the regular seats were taken up and we had to sit at the other seating where you have to remove your shoes and sit on the raised floor with our legs in the pit. 


Not our favorite sitting, this. Sitting down is easier but getting up, I am always clumsy.


We asked for green tea and the server let us have the pot as well. This is very practical as we can top up our cups ourselves.


My partner is a rice man, so I ordered the garlic fried rice for him.


He loves Japanese fried chicken. So do I.


No carbs for me. So I got these skewers which I love a lot.


These are ladies fingers wrapped in bacon. Nice!

Oh dear, I forgot to snap my kepala ikan. Here, I show you  a picture from our previous visit.


I love this. Salty and smokey. The fish was very fresh.

I might as well show you the other stuff we had on the earlier visit.


This was my partner's grilled salmon. I don't know why they put the sauce when there was none in the menu photo. Next time, we must make sure that they don't put this sauce as it spoilt the dish.


We also got these bacon wrapped quails eggs.


So that's what we had at that time. I like Chihiro enough to come back again and again. My partner does not seem to mind so that's great.

30 comments:

  1. Those wrapped bacons looked good. I think I could have few skewers of those.

    Good that both of you enjoy Japanese.I love Japanese too but we don't indulge that often. Once a month or once every two months at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those skewers are good and I could just eat those for dinner.

      Delete
  2. I really like the ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Their skewers and perfect ambiance really looks like a typical authentic restaurant in Japan. You should head to Japan tomorrow with your darling lah!! Time and tide waits for no man.

    I like this style where they used bacons to wrap other food and vegetables to grill. That big kepala ikan is not my choice because it doesn't have much meat except for the crispy skins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could go to Japan but no chance yet lah.

      Delete
  4. I really dislike sauces on grilled food and even more when the menu shows no sauce but the food got served with sauce. I think both of you like grilled and fried japanese food more than raw food, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Grilled fish does not need any sauces. The natural taste is good enough. I like raw fish but it's too pricey. So I gave it a miss this time.

      Delete
  5. Anything with bacon wrapped sounds super delicious to me! All the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah, bacons, bacons and bacons! super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skewers and I also don't like the sauce on the grilled salmon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer grilled salmon served plain. Maybe just need some soya sauce.

      Delete
  8. with those juicy skewers to keep us happy, we don't need carbs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I'm rather fond of that interior

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad but I prefer more lighting.

      Delete
  10. I like to order kepala ikan also. There's not much meat but you get that nice smoky flavour when you suck on the bones if it has been grilled properly! ;) Is this a 'no shoes' place (coz that's what I noticed on their FB)? I don't like to go barefooted in restaurants as I don't know how clean their floors are...hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you! It's my favorite thing to eat now hee..hee... Yup, gotta take off your shoes. I don't like this too :(

      Delete
  11. Looks like lots of yummy dishes from which to choose! I wouldn't want that sauce on my salmon, either, especially when I didn't expect it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good thing that on my next visit, no sauce was poured on my salmon :)

      Delete
  12. Lutut tak sakit ke LL hihi....

    Menariklah menu menu kat sini. Uiks kepala ikan tu mcm rugi je order, tak puas makan. Mata ikan makan tak? Haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hainom, LL sekarang suka kepala ikan. Mata yang best hah...hah....

      Delete
  13. The garlic fried rice looked so perfectly cooked with every grains was in beautiful golden colour~
    The grilled salmon, if I was served with such "ugly" food, I think dirty words will come out from my mouth impulsively >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Can send it back to the kitchen for a fresh one and hope they don't "kar liew" when they serve it again.

      Delete