Tuesday 24 July 2018

Roasted Vegetable Salad : Sorry No Recipe


A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, when I was working at another office, there was a nice cafe situated downstairs. This cafe served western style food like pasta, roasted chicken, salad and such.

In the evenings, they also offer buffet upstairs with a small selection of dishes. It was not too bad, this little cafe, but sadly it has since closed down. 

On one of the days, I remember going there to buy a sandwich. I can't remember what sandwich that was but I do remember the small tub of roasted vegetable salad that came with it.


The salad consisted of roasted peppers, corn and eggplant. These were dressed in a very nice dressing. I was very impressed with that salad and it stuck in my head until today.

I attempted to recreate the salad but I did not nail that wonderful taste of long ago. So there is no recipe to share until I get it right. So it looks like there will be another experiment soon, hopefully successful.

24 comments:

  1. the recipe is "campak-campak je" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, tapi rasa dia tak sama macam yang kat kafe tu...

      Delete
  2. This bowl of roasted vegetable salad is 100% for me and I don't need any dressing to go with it at all. So delicious! Eggplants, corns and colourful capsicums are absolutely scrumptious and I think I spotted some cucumbers or did you use kyuri or zucchini?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used zucchini. Glad you like roasted vegetables.

      Delete
  3. Those look yummy.
    Love veges. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've certainly nailed the roasted vegetables but if you don't know what dressing they used, it'd be quite impossible to recreate the same taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's some sort of vinaigrette, I'm sure I can perfect it. Just need to do some more trials.

      Delete
  5. I hope you will get the right dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always my dream to work in the office block where there are trendy cafes on the ground floor that don;t kill my pockets. I have been waiting for my boss to move to Desa Park City's new blocks.

    Your salad is really nice with bite size veggies! It looks more like my TV snack. I think I would add more sliced pineapples to enhance the taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So is your office moving? Very kepala pusing moving office. I moved twice liao.

      Wah...add pineapples. Sounds odd.

      Delete
  7. very colorful indeed! taste doesn't matter as long as it is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was still good although not same as the cafe's.

      Delete
  8. Never try roasted vegetable salad before. I prefer raw salad with dressing only.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your eating healthy food is making me very guilty... LOL.. Been having a lot of outside lately and still is, and soon, I will be getting a new wardrobe! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer roasted than raw, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  11. It still looks good though. I love roasted vegetables.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too have a liking for roasted veges.

      Delete