Wednesday 19 June 2024

BananaBistro @ The Starling

I did say that I would visit Banana Bistro @ The Starling for the Lamb Shank Briyani.


On my first attempt, I sat down, waited and waited to be served and then when I was given the order code, they ran out of what I wanted to eat. Bah! So I left.


This time I made sure to go early (before 2:00pm) so that I could be certain to get what I wanted. At Banana Bistro, you basically sit anywhere you like and if there is no QR code on the table, just press the buzzer and someone will attend to you.

This screenshot of the briyani selection was made on the day I visited for the first time. The biryani selection was all sold out >.<
But on my second visit I was able to order the Lamb Shank Briyani.

For drinks, I got the Mango Lassi because I read that it was thick and creamy.


Oooo... that looks good!


The Mango Lassi was truly good. Thick and creamy with real mango puree and mango pearls. Best part was that it was barely sweet, more on the tangy side, the way I like it.


The service here could be improved, it took a long time (more than 20 minutes) before this banana leaf landed on my table. And mind you, it was not busy yet as it was before 12:00pm.


And then I waited some more. And then this pot of biryani was served.


After that this huge lamb shank came to the table.


So this is the set - biryani rice (very big portion), lamb shank (it was huge with loads of thick delicious gravy), raita (cucumber salad with yogurt) and curry gravy.


Bon appetit!


Whoa! That was a grand feast! The portion size is very generous (even for a big tank like me) and can be shared among two regular eaters. I must say that I was very happy with this Lamb Shank Briyani.


There you go. All gone. Licin! This biryani experience will last me a long time.

***Kittie Updates***


TuTu behind my neighbor's car.


That's Poodie scratching the tyre hee..hee...


An update on Ah Boy the nursing home resident cat.


He was doing belly rolls for me.


Oh dear, Ah Boy! This boy is still "intact" and has not been sent for snip-snip.


Ah Boy is recovering from an injury.

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I wouldn't dare to attempt this lamb shank set. Sure cannot finish and need to bring home to eat for 2 to 3 days. Thanks for the review. πŸ‘ 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think so. It will take you days to finish the whole lot.

      Delete
  2. Wah, all your fur kids got a 2nd home to play in, so blessed they are 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my neighbor doesn't mind. So far no complaints from them.

      Delete
  3. Oh, the leg got a lesion. Hope the wound is being cared for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is healing quite nicely. I will check tomorrow if he is around.

      Delete
  4. Briyani and any creamy and rich for me anytime. But lassi I may need to visit the loo after drinking due to lactose intolerance. My neighbourhood got many stray cats well fed and well taken of. Near the old folks' home there is one kitten that is super cute. It looks happy, carefree and worry free. This morning it was scratching the wooden bench at the garden near the home. There is another one near the supermarket area, cute and very manja too. Yet another is the "I mind my own business and you mind yours" attitude type. Lol !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *anything creamy and rich

      Delete
    2. I love cats and if I see any on my walks, I will stop and sayang-sayang them though some prefer for me not to kacau them LOL! I also have lactose intolerance but I can take yogurt and lassi.

      Delete
  5. There was once I left a restaurant after I was seated and later discovered that it does not have the payment mode that I wanted so I left after that, felt a little awkward and embarrassing actually. Yes, you are right. 20 mins is too long a time to wait for food when the restaurant was not even full or busy. Lucky that you were not in a hurry that day so you finally got the chance to taste the delicious briyani and mango lassi on a second visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have left other eateries too when the shop took too long to attend to me or I found the food not suitable.

      Delete
  6. lamb shank briyani, such a feast! u eat the rice too? I thought you would tapao for somebody else....hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you've stopped counting your naughty eats...lol! Very difficult not to sapu all the rice with so much sambal on the lamb shank, right? ;) As long as it was a truly enjoyable carb meal that hopefully can last you a while. P/S: Ah, something different...a cat with 3 colours but turns out to be a boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... I shall consider this "well balanced" because got carbs+proteins LOL! Those pastry/dessert exploits are the naughty ones. Ah! I did not notice that Ah Boy has three colors! You are very sharp.

      Delete
  8. Oo la la this Ah Boi's with his jingle bell looks like a HERO :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you managed to sapu clean that big portion of rice + that huge lamb shank, salute!

    ReplyDelete