Thursday 27 June 2024

Lamb Bone Soup

My apologies for the lack of updates. I have been terribly terribly busy at work. Haiz!

So anyway, I was very lucky to get my hands on some lamb bones/trimmings from Jaya Grocer. Anyone like lamb? I happen to LOVE lamb. It is so delicious and so expensive.


Which is why I am more than happy to eat the trimmings.


I would go and stalk the meat section of the supermarket for these. They are not always available and when they are, I grab what I can get.

From these five packets of lamb bones/trimmings, I separated the bones and the meat.


The bones have some meat one them. I roasted the whole lot in the air fryer until browned.


Then chuck the whole lot into the slow cooker with some bay leaves, diced onions and a whole bulb of garlic.


After that in went the chicken broth.


The amount was enough to cover the bones.


Then set the cooker on high.


And when the broth starts to boil, I turned it down to low.


Meanwhile, I took care of the meat.


Again into the air fryer to cook until nice and browned.


This yielded me two generous servings of meat for lunch and dinner.


 Look at that.


Nyum! Nyum!


This was the amount of fat that dripped to the bottom of the air fryer.


I just poured it into my oil pot which I lined with a plastic bag. The next day, it solidified and I threw it into the trash bin.


Meanwhile the soup .... It was simmering only for a few hours when I switched off the power (it was already past 6:00pm by then). The next day I continued to cook on low.

By the time I got home from work, I got me a very flavorful pot of soup.


Simply seasoned with salt and freshly cracked pepper. The broth was rich with very robust flavors. 


Sure, I had to contend with the bits of bones but I don't mind. There were also some meat, though not a lot, but enough to make the soup very hearty.

***Kittie Updates***


It was a sleepy afternoon.


So Poodie and Tutu had their siesta.


Ah Boi, are you sleepy too?


Looks like they are awake now.

10 comments:

  1. You just reminded me that I have not had Soup Kambing for a long time. I was sleepy last afternoon too lol ! Ah Boi looks like she is "ma boh" (drunk) lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamb meat looked charred and nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roasting gave it very good flavors.

      Delete
  3. Your broth with the lamb bits in it look so brown that I thought u put mean si aka soy bean paste aka tauchu in it. The broth must be super tasty. πŸ˜‹ Ah, all 3 grandkids are looking good πŸ‘ 😺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The broth was truly delicious and I finished the last portion today.

      Delete
  4. I know the the soup must be very robust in flavours by just looking at its colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do you need to add ready-made chicken stock to your lamb bone soup? Isn't it flavourful enough with just boiling the lamb bones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the chicken stock simply because I had some extra on hand.

      Delete