Saturday 15 June 2024

Back To Four

Ah well, so much for wanting to eat less, today we went back to our old ways.

On our way to Kar Hiong after our visit to see dad (who is doing all right by the way) I asked my brother, "hungry or not?" To which he replied "Yes!" with a cheeky twinkle in his eye. "Today four dishes" wahahaha!!!


We tried something new, the Special Sauce Pork Ribs (M).


It was coated in a thick sweet sauce with hints of curry. Not bad.


Then we had this big plate of Kangkung Belacan (L). This is a firm favorite all around.


Of course we could not resist ordering our all time favorite, the Honey Pepper Abalone Mushroom (L). Oh yes, it was da bomb! So good!


The star dish was this Steamed Asam Fish (choice of fish : carp) which was most divine! Mum was clearly enjoying the asam fish and she remarked that it tasted just like the asam pedas grandma used to cook.


We were very pleased with today's choice of dishes and our tummies were very satisfied!

***Kittie Updates***


This morning Ah Boi made herself very comfy on top of my recycling box.


Meanwhile TuTu was her usual cute adorable self.


Let's give some air time to Auntie Ah Girl.


This is her on top of daddy's car, giving me the sombong look.


I spent some time with my Poodie patootie this morning.


While her ma made herself comfortable under the umbrella.

10 comments:

  1. Poodie patoodie lol !!! Why ah girl look so Buay Song? Kangkong Belacan is most people's all time favourite. Curious about the pork ribs coated with thick sweet sauce with hints of curry. Wonder how it would taste to me if I try. Yes, you are right to say the Assam carp fish is the star dish, the fish looked tender and fresh. Did I see brinjals in the fish dish?

    Comment on your previous post. I think I will like the wife cake from the look of it plus the paste is gooey and not too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno why Girl has that look hah..hah.. Yes, there were brinjals in the asam fish dish.

      Delete
    2. Nice to have brinjals and tomatoes in the Assam fish. Most of the times in SG they do not do that, just the fish and the assam sauce with maybe tomatoes.

      Delete
    3. My late grandma used to put pineapple chunks and kangkung into her asam fish.

      Delete
  2. Steamed Asam Fish looks so appetising. I can only drool over the dishes in Kah Hiong. Don't think I will ever get to eat there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, I am sure there are other equally good eateries that are more accessible to you.

      Delete
  3. All your fur kids and fur grandkids look so satisfied with Grandma's and ma's love and care 😻Thank you grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah girl supermodel cool look! i like all the four dishes, kangkung belacan is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... Ah Girl has that "atas" look. Kangkung belacan is my favorite too :)

      Delete