Thursday 5 September 2019

I Am Not a Fan of Luncheon Meat. Don't Order This Again!


Now who is that throwing a hissy fit? It was at dinner. The day when I had lunch with my brother at Ramen Bari Uma.

Naturally, I was still quite full at dinner time. My partner and I, for lack of a place to go, ended up at Mak's Chee@1 Utama. This is our third visit if I remember correctly.

I was slightly brain dead that evening and I even forgot that we had to fill up order chits to place our order. I quickly did that but I forgot to indicate the size of my partner's order.


So his wanton mee came in an itsy bitsy bowl. You should see the shock on his face. My bad. Sigh .....


We ordered some sides.


And madam got this order of rice with pork lard and luncheon meat. The rice was quite stodgy, taste was so so. I loved the runny eggs and the soy sauce that was served separately. The luncheon meat was good, not too salty at all.

Because I was still quite full, I couldn't finish my food and my partner took over. That's when he complained about the luncheon meat. Bah! heh...heh... 

Anyway, on our way out I noticed something unusual.


Cold Storage looked like one of those hypermarkets.


This atas supermarket is having cheap sales. This is not a good sign.

20 comments:

  1. When I read that bold statement in your post title, I thought....hmmm, that can't be you? Phew, it was...not you but your partner! Let's disregard his comments...after all, he's into healthy eating (we are too but at least we acknowledge something bad for us can be good too!) + he was throwing a hissy fit since you ordered the wrong size for him. >_< For me, small is enough, coz then I can down some sides...haha! ;D

    Glad you finally got to taste the cursor rice but too bad your rice turned out stodgy (mine, at Pavilion, had nicely separated grains). This plain white rice only has good quality soy to rely on for flavour but I can't help but notice that your rice (the little bit that was peeking out from under the eggs) seems to be thoroughly mixed in soy already. That, I think, will ruin the taste as you only need to drizzle a little soy over the rice for maximum flavour. And luncheon meat that's good should never be salty, only fragrant. I was right about the large portion size, even you can't finish. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read on the menu a note informing customers to request for less rice to avoid wastage. Had I been there with my normal appetite, I would have finished the whole lot hah..hah... It looks like if I want to eat this again, I'll have to visit on my own hee..hee..

      Delete
  2. I never order and take those luncheon meat when eat outside. I have a preferred brand and I only use that qt home.

    No more Cold Storage here. Closed down early this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the one at 1 Utama will close down too. Giant used to be at this spot.

      Delete
  3. Cold Storage at Jaya One has closed down. I suspect the Cold Storage at One Utama may be closing down too. You can tell your partner that since he is into healthy eating, it is good to practise portion control too so eating in a few small portions is better than eating large portions 3 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The man has a big appetite! hee..hee...

      Delete
  4. WHAT??? I LOVE LUNCHEON MEAT...but of course, it's like ham, bacon...all processed meats, not good to eat too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too hee..hee.. Once in a while it is ok.

      Delete
  5. gosh, if restaurants close at some malls and grocery stores close at other malls, what will be remaining at the malls? :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps even the mall has to close? Some malls did in the past but 1 Utama is still going strong as there is always a queue of people wanting to take up shoplots.

      Delete
  6. I cannot resist luncheon meat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rice with runny eggs and luncheon meat looks good wor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice. Plain rice would have been better.

      Delete
  8. I heard that cold storage is closing down its outlet at 1U.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha. Did you lecture him about politeness and tell him he was lucky he got your leftovers!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giant has closed down several of their stores, Cold Storage will follow suit too :(

    ReplyDelete