Friday 27 September 2019

Don't Be Late For a Dinner Date


Generally speaking, I am not very keen on dinner dates during weekdays. Even on Fridays (except with my lahling lah). Why? Because I am boring as hell and prefer to go home and sleep after a tiring day at the office.

Besides, it's annoying if the people coming to dinner are not punctual. I am a stickler for being on time. I don't like to wait for people and I don't like people to wait for me.

But some people are by nature tardy or casual about being on time. One Friday evening, we were invited for dinner. Go where? They could not even decide. So being passive aggressive, I said, in that case, go to Chili's. Hah!

We got there around 7:00pm and luckily we got a seat. Usually, Chili's does not seat incomplete parties but somehow they made an exception that evening.

By 7:30pm, still no sight of the hosts. They are family. I am fond of them. But not so much their sense of time. 

I was very hungry and so was my partner. Since these are close family members, we need not observe any protocol and we went ahead and ordered.


My favorite Chipotle Chicken Crispers.


Same old, same old, Santa Fe Chicken Salad.


Almost 8:00pm and they still had not turned up. In fact they showed up only after we were done with our dinner. Since my stomach was full, I was happy. 


Then we invited some other family members for dinner the next evening. They were punctual, we were not. Not my fault. 


There were four of us and I left the ordering to my partner. This is more his kind of food.


Yam basket. One of my favorites!


Lots of goodies inside the yam ring.


Stir fried sweet potato leaves. Everybody's favorite.


Stir fried fish fillet with ginger and spring onions.


This is some sort of stewed pork with vegetables, not my favorite.

Not that I don't enjoy dinner dates, but I prefer them on weekends (when I am more relaxed) because Fridays (or any weekday), I am mentally tired and grouchy hah...hah.... The only weekday dinner date that I look forwards to is with my brother :)

21 comments:

  1. I seldom have any dinner dates, hahahaha! why didn't you like the stewed pork with vinegar dish? it looks tasty from the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stewed pork with vegetable dish I mean.

      Delete
    2. I did not like the taste. It was just salty - so one dimensional.

      Delete
  2. Yet another thing we have in common....I hate tardiness too! Many of my friends are like that...I usually have to wait an hour (sometimes even more) when we have outings (and that's when queuing isn't the worst thing). Nowadays I don't try to initiate get-togethers as frequently coz I really dislike having to wait for them (must be a sign of getting old and impatient!). I don't have the luxury of ordering and eating first (like you) until everyone arrives...haiz! :( Fish fillet with ginger & spring onions. My favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah..what to do? I guess we just have to take a deep breath and tolerate our family and friends! That's why I don't like dinner or even lunch gatherings as more often than not, it ends up being a waiting game and I get annoyed hah..hah..

      Delete
  3. Malaysian. We are never punctual!! Haha.

    I actually hate waiting. No patient to wait for people. Lol.

    Yam basket. My favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahhh ... more than one hour late is definitely frustrating ... if you hadn't ordered your food at chilis while waiting, the service crew might be giving you strange looks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I am notorious for getting annoyed with tardy people hee..hee..

      Delete
  5. KL people, notorious for being late. 7, it stated on the invitation card, goondu me went at 6 p.m. for fear of being caught in a jam and getting there late. Dinner did not start till 9!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...that's why I hate wedding dinners!

      Delete
  6. I always try to arrive earlier than the agreed time as i feel very paiseh being late and having people wait for me. However i am more lenient with people being late as sometimes they maybe caught up with work so i can understand, but not too often lah lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just like you! Always early ahead of time.

      Delete
  7. Weekdays dinner date, I don't like also as Friday is the most traffic jam day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, traffic jam can mess up our schedule. Which means that we have to leave earlier.

      Delete
  8. Ha ha. I am not a late night person either -even on weekends. I like to be in bed by 9pm. You can call me nanna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too hate waiting for people. I love yam basket too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I can't hide my black face wahahaha!!

      Delete
  10. High 5!! I also love to eat that Chipotle Chicken Crispers! Yums. I need to make a visit there again since I dined ages ago.

    I also love the food at Sam You but not my wife. Maybe it's the Penang Lang that is so easy going. Funny thing is that I have always been invited to the Sam You branch at Seri Kembangan many times over the last 15 years till now. So many weddings took place there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best, right? hee..hee..

      Oh, I see! I find the food delicious!

      Delete