Monday 30 September 2019

Dahmakan Made Me Lazy : Part 3


Well, actually I am not quite so lazy now (I started meal prepping again) after having had many Dahmakan meals. After a while, I got tired of the food.

Though convenient, I found some of the meals not to my liking and I was also not too happy with the vegetables served.

Before I share what I have ordered after Part 1 and Part 2, I want to share a glitch that happened on the Dahmakan app not too long ago.

One day I saw something and I could not believe my eyes.


Eh, so cheap meh?


Really?


So I placed an order but I did not get the "special price". So I contacted customer service.

I got a standard answer that was not helpful. But this one came along shortly.

So it was a bug.


My next meal was the Misoyaki Roasted Chicken.


I was disappointed that the chicken was no as charred as the one in the photo although it tasted all right. The rice had a nice ginger fragrance but was too mushy for me. 

The pickled radish was OK but I dislike the carrots. As for the teriyaki mayo, I'm afraid I did not like it at all. 


Then I tried the Peri Peri Chicken.


This meal was very promising.


Great tasting chicken and delicious peri peri sauce. Portion wise it was very generous. I loved the peri peri sauce which was quite spicy hot. The corn went great with this meal, just that it was a bit cumbersome to eat.


Then I saw the Beef Shepherd's Pie and was very attracted.  It sure looked good in the photo.


But not so good in real life.


There were lots of tender delicious chunks of beef underneath the potatoes but something killed it for me. There was too much cheese (for my taste) in the potatoes. So this Shepherd's Pie is not for me.


Then on Malaysia Day, I ordered the Slow Roasted Lamb Sausage. I forgot to take a screenshot of the dish. On that day, all customers get a free cookie.

When I ate the cookie, I thought I had accidentally eaten the "paper sticker" when I realized that it was actually edible and made from sugar.

So anyway, I plonked the meal into my plate together with some leftover salad and chicken wing. It looked a proper mess.


There were 2 fairly good sized lamb sausages (buried underneath) with a generous serving of mashed potatoes. It made for a very filling meal, what with all my extras.

Incidentally, that was the last meal I ordered in September and based on what I had thus far here, I would reorder the Peri Peri Chicken and the Slow Roasted Lamb Sausage.

Hopefully there will be some more new dishes for me to try like this one.

But oh dear, another glitch?



As of this morning (at the time of publishing), it was still bonkers.


18 comments:

  1. I would get lazy too if we had that here. Of course, can't beat eating it there...but as long as one does not have to cook half dead, I'm all for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get a little boring after a few meals. I am now cooking again hee..hee..

      Delete
  2. I am also easily attracted by pictures of the dish. That is their sale gimmick and they always protect themselves by printing that the pictures are for illustration purposes only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's true. What you see is not what you get.

      Delete
  3. So I see you were a Select member for 2 months...better than me (I was at it for only a month). Like you, I got bored with the food since the dishes are mostly chicken (of which I'm not that a huge a fan). I'm still ordering from dahmakan every now and then when I get a discount (trust me, expect some discounts to come your way now that you're no longer a member) as some of the dishes were pleasant enough (specifically the dishes that are not chicken!).

    I've never encountered the glitch you mentioned here but I've seen credits credited into my account and then taken away the next day. I do understand that some of these discounts are meant for orders on the day they were given but I've had a discount credited that's meant for my next order but when I'm ready to order (in the next couple of day), I noticed the discount was deleted already (I saw it in my account for 2 - 3 days). >_< So, what kind of giver are they? Hehehe! :D P/: I've had the beef stew before (a year ago) and didn't like it (maybe it's a better recipe now). Oh, you didn't try the Brazilian stew I recommended (best dish for me so far).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have tried the beef stew and disliked it. I might give it a go and yup, I will try the Brazilian stew. It does sound very exotic!

      Delete
  4. dah makan is lucky to have you as a returning customers. I guess you will keep an eye out for dishes that attract your attention to order again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were one or two that I missed earlier and they don't seem to come back again.

      Delete
  5. Wahhh... nowadays so many free deliveries but not so much in Ipoh. I tried going to foodpanda recently and there is only a selective of restaurants available, most of them fast food which do not interest me. Seems like you are trying almost everything... 0.00 charge? hahaha.. hope they repair the bug soon or perhaps that is to catch customers' eyes! LOL..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum told me that they also have Foodpanda in Terengganu but she has yet to play with her phone. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Ah Hong Chee, You are definitely getting lazy and perhaps sinking into some depressions that was keeping you away from cooking. I think you need to go for a holiday to recharge your aunty-battery! I always enjoyed seeing you cooking this and that. My wife has stopped ordering meals online as we encountered their food not as good-looking as their photos besides the long wait. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello TM! I was a little depressed recently (you are so sharp!) but I ma all right now. I did do some cooking, just the same old boring dishes lah. I have tried ordering food from Goodness Greens via Grabfood and so far I have not been disappointed.

      Delete
    2. Don't forget that my wife holds a cert for Clinical Hypnotherapy from University of West London. She has healed lots of depressed and suicidal patients that included many of her students and friends. She can help you and empty the negative vibes in your mind.

      Delete
  7. Same as nancy, i always kena con by the packaging and nice photography of the food, you have such a wide variety of food choice, other than online food deliveries, you cook your own and you eat out sometimes, not like me, only one choice, eat out and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos are always so attractive! Now I rotate between home cooked and order outside.

      Delete
  8. If a healthy food delivery company could come up with a way to be zero-waste, I would probably order every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should have an option for us to choose not to received cutleries!

      Delete
  9. I find their salted egg butter chicken very delightful actually, and only buy if there is offer and add discount from boost app. These day got to save some money.

    ReplyDelete