Thursday 14 October 2021

Fried Rice. Fried Fish.

I love Chinese restaurant style fried rice. The ones with fragrant wok hei. That I cannot resist.

My dream combo with such a fried rice is sweet and sour pork and kai lan stir fried with salted fish. But there was no such combo to be had. Not at the food court.

It was the first day of the 4 day water cut and I did not have a nice time in the kitchen that morning. So I told my partner that for the duration of the water cut, please eat chap fan.

I did not bring any food with me and I was starving at the office. Then I thought of the fried fish at Hotpot1@The Starling

When you are hungry, you think you can eat a whole cow.


In this case, fried rice and fried fish. Do you know what fish is that? I haven't got a clue. To me fish is fish.


The fried rice came in a huge portion. Even by my standards.


There was some measure of wok hei, but not as intense as I would have liked.


There were loads of ingredients inside - chicken fillet, fish cake, egg, carrots and crabstick. It was good and this portion can be comfortably shared by two.


The fish were fresh and fried until very crispy.


I love the chili dip.


So that was my monster lunch (RM33.00 - fried rice RM13.00 and fried fish RM20.00). No dinner for me that night.


Girl has lost some weight.


She can now squeeze in between the gaps of the front gate. 


Belle Belle is now officially the new fatty.

18 comments:

  1. Your fried rice looks good, a lot of ingredients. Dunno what fish that is - your babies would love it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I imagine they would go berserk if I served them fried fish!

      Delete
  2. I love fried rice. Your fried rice looks delicious. I don't know what fish but I love freshly fried and crispy fish. Ha ha I can see the difference. Belle is the new fatty. Did you put Girl on a diet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually no. I think she lost weight because Belle Belle eats the food that she leaves behind. So she had no chance to finish up her food. Girl is a slow eater and likes does not finish her food in one sitting.

      Delete
  3. Oh, you didn't buy set? The fried rice and fried fish are ala carte items on the menu? Ah Girl is looking good. Belle Belle needs to eat more healthy portion! Belle Belle please control your food intake! Lolx! 🙀Hope everyone survives the water distruption. I was around starling mall on wed but chicken out from dining in because of water disruption but bought drinks takeaway instead. Hahahaha what irony. Water disruption but buy drinks. Hahaha. Warped logic! 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fried fish is ala carte while the fried rice is a set that comes with soup (which I did not take). Thank goodness that water cut lasted only one day in my area.

      Delete
  4. Me too!! I can't resist fried rice especially served in such wok. Used to have a place serving their food in the serving woks but no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a candle under the wok and after a while I took the wok off the holder so that the rice is not so hot. LOL!

      Delete
  5. I have nio idea what fish that is either...but I know it's a pretty ugly fish looking at its head (after being fried). Hmmm, quite an expensive fish for RM10 seeing it's so thin, not much meat. The last time you had fried fish, I think they served you a different type of fish. Your dream combo with fried rice is quite an interesting one. I don't think I can have sweet & sour pork and kai lan with salted fish with fried rice, I need white rice co the dishes will be too flavourful for me. P/S: I like Girl's new slimmer look...keep it up! ;) I see the collars are off again for your two cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the other fish. Perhaps next time I can ask if I could choose which fish I want. I took off their collars because the day before I applied Advocate Cat on their neck. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Menarik hidangannya. Ikan goreng tu saya pun tak tahu apa namanya, tapi nampak sedap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boleh tahan sedap dan isinya pun banyak.

      Delete
  7. the fried rice's presentation is 10/10! water has returned but it is a funky colour(!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad the water returned and yes, it was the color of tea. LOL!

      Delete
  8. eh, why ah girl lose weight? she takda selera makan? but she look prettier now! Belle looks good being a fatty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a slow eater and will eat a bit, then come back sambung makan, and she takes a few sessions to finish her food. So you know lah, this Belle Belle helped her finish the food. That's why Belle Belle so bulat. LOL!

      Delete
  9. Those fishes look like Sha Zui to me but the later is shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what is Sha Zui. I am so hopeless. LOL!

      Delete