Wednesday 13 October 2021

Girl! Your Backside Smelly!

When you live with pets, the issue of hygiene crops up from time to time. Generally speaking cats are very clean creatures. They groom themselves without fail and they don't smell.

But sometimes they miss a spot. This incident happened a year ago.

I came home from work and as usual, Girl followed me into the house. As I bent down to pet her, I caught a whiff of something stinky. Eeeks! What was that?!

Then I sniffed her. Yikes. I located the source of the smell. 

Seriously, Ma? Must you tell that story?

Girl! I hollered. Your backside smelly! Go clean your backside!

What? What?

I was quite freaked out. She was not going to lay her ass on my couch with a dirty bum!

What smell?

I had to do something. I had to wipe her behind. 

Calm down, Ma.

I did not have any pet wipes with me at the time. Besides it won't be easy to catch hold of her and give her bum a wipe down.

Ma, this is embarrassing.

So I did something which I should not have done. I took a can of Dettol spray and sneaked up on her. Her tail was raised high and I aimed at her backside. Whoosh!

Ma, that was awful.

She jumped and attempted to lick her backside but the taste of the disinfectant discouraged her. She was stunned and I was so sorry to do that to her. 


It could have harmed her but she was all right. I swore never to do that to Girl again.

Enough Ma, no more stories about me. What about
the time when Belle Belle had poop stuck to her backside?

I have since bought pet wipes and yes, once used it to clean Belle Belle's backside (haiz...) when there was you-know-what stuck to her behind. The things we do for (or to) our pets.


This sort of thing comes with the territory. So if you want to keep pets, you cannot be the geli this and geli that type. You have to deal with pee, poop, the occasional vomit and yes, backside wiping.


This is Girl when she was still young, hiding from the vacuum cleaner. She is still terrified of it.

Today begins the dreaded 4 day water cut in many parts of the Klang Valley. I am affected at home and at work.

Let's hope it does not result in anything smelly. LOL!

16 comments:

  1. Yes it's true that one cannot geli this and that. I have been seeing how the nurses had to remove the trays of fresh poops from patients daily. All about commitment and passion.

    I wanted to vomit when I had to empty the poop trays of Peter Tan's 3 cats while he was seeking treatment. They were so mighty huge and made me wonder what they ate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I salute nurses and they have my utmost respect! When I was hospitalized for dengue, they had to measure my pee every time I went to the bathroom. I felt so paiseh because I pee so frequently!

      I understand. I scoop poop everyday and sometimes they even poop twice a day!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear!!! Dettol!!! Isn't that poisonous!!! Luckily they did not report you to the SPCA! LOL!!!

    So far, the strays around my house will do it in the garden - they only leave their urine stains, paw prints and claw scratches on my cars. @#$%^&*!!!! But at times, I would find the headless body of a rat somewhere in the garden and I would have to pick those up, wrap them up nicely and take to a public rubbish bin somewhere to throw away. Darn those predators!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad! It is harmful but fortunately nothing untoward happened to my Girl.

      Now that I have two cats, I don't get anymore stray poop in my garden. LOL!

      Delete
  3. yea, i m not that type of person who can 'tahan' all these geli things...so, no pets for me...but fish is OK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...yeah, fish you only need to clean the tank but quite troublesome too.

      Delete
  4. Hahahaaa...poor Girl. You are embarrassing her telling us about her smelly bum. We have to take care of our pets like our own babies, so have to bear all the geli geli things. I have a friend who will vomit if she has to clean her baby's bum after the baby pooped. Nowadays, even though I don't have pets of my own, I have to clean up the poops in front of my gate and pour water on the urine left behind by the stray dogs. There seem to be frequent water disruptions in Selangor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. I am a bad mommy! Your friend reminds me of one of my aunties. Her husband is the one who had to clean up the baby's poop! I too get god poop outside my gate, not from strays but irresponsible dog owners!

      Delete
  5. Yup, I've done that before too. Next time have a bottle of water spray ready (same effect to instigate them to lick their you-know-where but just water). You're lucky you had not had one of those episodes when a piece of poop gets stuck in their behind and the cat tries to get it off by rubbing his/her butt on the floor. That results in more cleaning to do...or when they get diarrhea (well, just getting you ready for more cleaning up to look forward to in future...lol!). P/S: Luckily, my area is excluded from that dreaded water cut. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I hope my water supply is restored sooner than scheduled. Ah, I shall get me a spray bottle for future emergencies. I still get incidence of small pieces of poop outside the litterbox. Yuks! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Just a paper towel with some water will do nicely; never ever use a disinfectant. If you don’t spray that on a human, then not on an animal. I worked in a hospital, so have a pretty strong stomach…poop, pus, bile, vomit, oozing burns…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I guess you did that in panic. Luckily Girl is ok. Good that you have pet wipes now. Ah Girl looks so adorable in all the photos here. Please give her a big hug from me. ❤️ The water cut is really disruptive to our lives. They should have a backup system to swap around whenever they need to clean like computer systems always have backups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! I wonder if this water will ever get resolved.

      Delete
  8. hahaha... talking about geli... i agree with you.. if geli, cannot take in pets or jaga babies... for more than 26 years, I have not been wiping and cleaning poo poo off the baby's buttock... hahaha... and now I do this almost everyday... no, not geli yet... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Grandma will never geli cleaning up their beloved cucu. Sayang mah!

      Delete