Monday 21 December 2020

Burnin Pit


Last Saturday my brother and I dropped by Steaks & Lobsters with the intention of tasting Rasa Gourmet's menu.

But alas, we found out that the collaboration between Steaks & Lobsters and Rasa Gourmet has been discontinued. The reason - low demand as majority of customers come to savor (obviously) the steaks and lobsters. 

We were disappointed and had to head elsewhere (since we were not in the mood for steaks and lobsters) for lunch. So the next best option was Burnin Pit which was just a few doors away. We had been talking about visiting this BBQ outlet for quite some time and I guess it was meant to be.



When we walked in, two tables were in full swing for (as we discovered later) a birthday party. The youngsters (young working adults) were loud and boisterous as to be expected of such occasions.

Truth be told, I was not prepared for a BBQ meal and was crestfallen as I had anticipated enjoying fresh seafood (siakap tiga rasa, sambal petai, asam pedas huuu...huuu...) at Rasa Gourmet

I left the ordering to my brother as he is more familiar with the menu having made orders via Grabfood


As usual, we wanted coffee but we were informed that the coffee machine was not ready. So we had to settle for iced lemon tea.

It was a bit of a wait for our order of BBQ Ribs (550g), Beef Brisket (200g), Peri Peri Quarter Chicken, Southern Slaw and Grilled Corn Coconut Milk.

All the while, we had to tolerate the very loud diners, so much so that my brother and I could not have a conversation as we had to raise our voices in order to be heard. So we just sat silently and I felt like I was having a Michael Douglas Falling Down moment hah..hah... But I stayed calm...

Soon our food arrived on a platter.


Wow.... 


I tried the brisket first. It was very tender and moist but I found it quite gamey. This is where the BBQ sauce helped.


On every table is a bottle of their house BBQ sauce. We were also served a bottle of Gula Melaka BBQ sauce which the server told us was just freshly made, hence it came without the bottle cap. It was still warm and yes, we loved the sauce. In fact we almost finished the whole bottle hee...hee...

The ribs were also tender and moist but without that strong gamey smell. I enjoyed it especially when I got to the fatty bits.

But guess what was our favorite?


The Peri Peri Chicken.


It was so moist, so smoky flavorful and was great eaten with the pickled gherkins and green chilies. My brother was even talking about coming back and then ordering 1/4 chicken each. It was that good.


The other orders of Southern Slaw and Grilled Corn Coconut Milk did not disappoint. In fact my brother had already eaten the corn via his Grabfood order and had mentioned to me that I must try the Grilled Corn Coconut Milk because it is awesome. 


I have to agree with him. Imagine grilled corn + coconut milk. How could it not be awesome? It was truly delicious. Special mention to the Southern Slaw which had adequate dressing and seasoning. A far cry from the one we had here.


While enjoying our meal, I spotted the staff preparing two turkeys.


That was a wonderful meal except that the ambiance was spoiled by the noise pollution. I do wish that people would be more conscious and considerate when there are other diners around. Ah well. I am just a whiny complainy old lady hah..hah...

We will be back for sure.


Total damage RM333.85.

16 comments:

  1. Goshhhhhh!!!! It has been so long I was wondering what happened to you!!! Loud diners? I hate that!!! They should go to a coffee shop or a mamak stall, those places. Food looks really good but OUCH!!! RM333.85 for 2! *faints*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two ice lemon tea for over RM25.00 is...like WOWWWW!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yup, this meal cost me a fortune. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I dislike dining in a noisy environment too...would try to avoid/walk out if there is party around. The food looks like a meaty feast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This feast lasted me until dinner hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. Wow and double wow!! What a feast. I prefer a quiter dining place. Soft music. Not too noisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. The noise can spoil the enjoyment of the food.

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try this place too...but your comment that the beef brisket is gamey is a turn off for me. If it's quite gamey for you, it'll be super gamey for me! >_< I cannot imagine the taste of something sweet like gula melaka bbq sauce with savoury meat. And the fact that you almost finished the whole bottle doesn't bode well for the taste of the meat where it should be good enough to eat on its own...haha! And for the chicken to taste better than the beef is also not good when beef is their speciality. For me, the prices of the other menu items are alright but the beef ribs is the killer (way too expensive). I'd rather have a good steak for the prices paid. So, was this one better than the other Texas BBQ you had?

    As for the noise pollution, I guess it can't be helped especially when there's a celebration of some sort. But, because they don't have private rooms for such occasions (that's why I prefer to book places that cater to that, usually Chinese restaurants where rooms are available), the diners should have been more considerate towards the other diners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't be discouraged. It could be just that batch of brisket that was gamey that day. The ribs were fine. Also don't let my enjoyment of the sauce scare you off because my brother and I typically love sauces. When we were small, there was always a bottle of tomato ketchup or chili sauce on the dining table, no reflection of our mum's cooking hee..hee.. Compared to Texas BBQ, this is better because the only thing we enjoyed at Texas BBQ were the briskets. I agree that the ribs are too expensive.

      Delete
  5. It has been so long since I dined out so it feels so foreign to read about young people making lots of noise celebrating birthdays during lunch time. Gamey beef? I wonder whether I will find it gamey or not. Looks like so much meat but you both sure can finished eating all the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good that you are staying cautious. We thought that our order might be too much but when it was served, it was just right for us.

      Delete
  6. I passed this place whenever I visited my sister and have been wondering what they served. You really opened my eyes to go and try. Pricey or not, they must taste superb to please me. The peri peri chicken is tempting me the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will enjoy the food. You can bring your wife and some friends there to lau juak lau juak a bit.

      Delete
  7. What a meaty feast! I can see the grilled chicken was coated with marinade, which very much looked like your version of grilled chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their marinade is superb. I wish I had the recipe hee..hee..

      Delete
  8. Your post title reminds me of Brad Pitt, same initials that's why, lol! The corn sounds so good from your description, slurps!

    ReplyDelete