Tuesday 8 December 2020

Last Friday : I Finally Baked A Cake

Not just any cake. Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake. That cake is so yesterday, right? Do I even remember how to bake?

And you know what was the best part? I had no flour in the house. I mean no workable flour. The half opened flour in my pantry had little things moving inside it. Ugh! Into the trash it went.

The box of unopened superfine flour was all hard and fossilized. That also went into the bin. And I didn't even have cornflour (one of the ingredients besides regular flour).

But I had rice flour. Can, ah? Can lah. Flour, mah.


So this is my cake, made with rice flour in the oven baked using the steam bake method instead of the bain marie method.

I was in lepak-lepak mood, so I had no pressure when preparing the cake batter. No expectations whatsoever. If it jadi, jadi, if not, just throw.


Eh, jadi lah mak oi! With minimal cracks some more wahahaha!!! Happy habis.


It was wrinkly at the sides once removed from the pan. While it was cooling, lunch.


Huhhhhh???!!!! Kimchi jigae agaaaiiinn????? Seriously people. Those of you who do not appreciate kimchi jigae will never understand why we kimchi jigae lovers are addicted to this stuff.

Someone mentioned Bibigo kimchi. So I looked for it.


Oh yes, you are right! This is good stuff. My new favorite store bought kimchi.


While I was busy baking and lunching, this one was fast asleep.


She previously refused to have anything to do with that towel (my mum's old towel) and I thought I could keep her off the couch. But no. She eventually made friends with it.

After my delicious and hearty lunch, I decided that I wanted a light dinner. Come dinner time I took my container out from the fridge.


Oh ya, I was very naughty and bought two new cookbooks.


Hee..hee..hee...

And let me show you my new toy.


I haven't cooked with it yet but was just warming it up for the first time as recommended by the manufacturer.

Now. Dinner.


This is me totally living it up on a Friday night.


To my delight, I found that Line of Duty is still on Netflix with new episodes! Yes! The long awaited (for me lah) Season 5 after a gripping Season 4 with Thandie Newton.


Nyum!!! My cake is good hee..hee..hee... Life is good, CMCO and all.

16 comments:

  1. I wish the ladies in the house would do the same. If I feel like eating cake, I would just have to go out and buy. Sobssssss!!!! We have an air fryer too, Philips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you drop some hints? LOL! Ah! I actually ordered a Philips air fryer but it never arrived and I was refunded. Hence I got this very much cheaper one.

      Delete
  2. My life is bad because I could't update my blog ~>_<~ My Wordpress seem like having problem because it stuck at the draft saving and the button is disable during the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I hope that the problem is resolved by now.

      Delete
  3. Been months I did not make a cake. Yours looked yummy. Haha. Making and eating cake during CMCO is life. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to pick up on my baking again. Been too long!

      Delete
  4. ah new toy! I have one too (Philips) but never use before....dunno whether it is working or not?! LOL! I'm back to office...and life started to get busy again....sobsssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Philips air fryer I ordered never arrived and I was refunded. God wanted me to buy a cheaper one. LOL!

      Delete
  5. I love your cake and kimchi jigae. I will buy the Bibigo kimchi once I ate all the remaining kimchi in my fridge. Girl girl is so relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl Girl is much happier now that Belle Belle is outside. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Wah! You are hebat! No cake making flour yet you can use rice flour to make such beautiful yummy cake. I like the way Girl snoozed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cheesecake and the kimchi jigae look yums! Ah Girl looks so nice to cuddle! Perrysmith brand is something new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to cuddle Ah Girl and if she is in a good mood, she allows me. If not, she will struggle and run away. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Your cake is so delicious like how it looks!! I want to eat but that's too wishful dream only.

    I am a lover and fan of Kimchi Jigae for a long time. I can understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, someone who appreciate Kimchi Jigae like me! Now that your wife's office is so nearby, that cake could be a possibility :)

      Delete