Wednesday 2 December 2020

Last Sunday


Last Sunday I told myself to take it easy and not to do any time consuming food prep. It is always my dream to just kick off my shoes, call Grabfood, plonk down on the sofa and watch Netflix (while eating lunch) without a care in the world.

But no. The laundry basket is always full and the water distiller constantly needs to be filled. No to mention my cat mommy duties and etc etc.

Lunch. No, no Grabfood. I already spent too much money on 11.11. Then there was Black Friday. Yeah. I bought something. Wait lah, I tell you later.


So I cooked or rather reheated a container of pork bone kimchi stew (that I cooked some days earlier).


I added a tube of egg tofu and an egg.


No, it was not a pretty sight. But darn tasty if I may say so myself.

During my grocery run, I picked up a small tub of kimchi.


A very small one, locally made and it costs RM8+. Not cheap leh. Tastewise not bad, tangy but a bit too salty for me.


This was lunch with added home made kimchi to which I added yellow bell peppers. I know that is weird but I wanted to use up that bell pepper.

While I was enjoying lunch, this one sat near me.


Because I was having kimchi, she did not tax me for her share. Good. Good.


Then she got bored and put on a show.


Her belly rolls never fail to amuse me. I had to get up and give her a few playful scratches on her head.


These photos were taken a while back. Before Belle joined us. 


She refuses to sleep on her cat bed, preferring mommy's sarong.


She loves my scent. Eau de Mommy.

I was alarmed by an incident Sunday morning. I made coffee for my partner. I remember taking a teaspoon of coffee and putting it into his mug. But after the water boiled, the teaspoon was nowhere to be found. Eh, where is the spoon?


O.M.G. I discovered later in the afternoon that I had left the teaspoon in the coffee jar. I have never done that before. Don't play play. Dementia might be setting in. Help.

32 comments:

  1. Lol on dementia. Maybe just absent-minded. Sometime too many things on our mind, we subconsciously forget what we do.

    Oh. What did you buy?? Dont tell me Korean stuff since you are into kichi? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite true, my mind was very occupied that day. Hope that was the reason hah..hah...

      Not Korean stuff LOL!

      Delete
  2. Super tasty kimchi. I have been eating kimchi since last Thursday. Still in my fridge. Girl girl is so do adorable. Mommy scent is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Goheung kimchi is really nice. I must make kimchi again soon.

      Delete
  3. Tell me about it. I was washing the utensils and noticed a fork missing. When to search for it and found that I have thrown it away together with the paper food packaging into the bin so have to retrieve it. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this case happen quite common in my house....but not me, as I don't simply throw things.

      Delete
    2. You are still young mah, not an oldie like us. Hahahaha, lolx!

      Delete
    3. Mun : LOL! I thought I was bad hee..hee..

      Delete
    4. Nux V : Like Mun said, you are still young. Let me guess, your mum is the one who accidentally throw things. hah...hah...

      Delete
  4. Nolar, not dementia...maybe your mind is too occupied with many things....it happens to me too.
    12.12 sales coming soon...so get ready to buy more stuffs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had too many things going on in my head! Oh no. No 12.12. I hope. LOL!

      Delete
  5. My missus will make her won kim chi, God save me!!! Jars and jars stuffed in the fridge after already fermented. What sin did I commit in my previous life, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just learn and acquire the taste for kimchi and then the jars of kimchi will be gone.

      Delete
    2. Arthur : LOL! There are worse things that having endless jars of kimchi in the fridge.

      Delete
  6. I have been very forgetful since my early 30's and my mom told me that was side effect of anesthesia (I had a surgery that time). I feel that it worsen after my second surgery (cesarean section) ~>_<~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read about that - the effect of anesthesia on our brain.

      Delete
  7. Something else must be on your mind that time, for sure.. though that is quite common with me! The thing I always keep finding is my specs.. one time I found it in clothes compartment! So now I have 3 pairs of specs in the house, one downstairs, one in the bedroom and one pair in the car.... Talking about kimchi, I still have one tub in the fridge...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I wear contacts, so it's stuck in my eye, or else will be like you! Me, I am always looking for my phone at home.

      Delete
  8. I have eaten this Kim Chi from the tumbler many years ago when they monopoly the market share. Now I buy freshly made Kim Chi from the Korean Supermarket at Solaris in Mont Kiara. You should buy from there and see all their ingredients from Korea. I was told that many KL restaurants get their supplies from them too.

    Your left over Kim Chi is definitely to die for!!! It is like a prized Kim Chi Jigae Stew! Yummy Opah!

    Talking about Dementia, I think I need to write a lengthy blog post again how terrible this dementia has robbed my father's final years. I should share how to detect the early signs and what preventive measures to take even though Dementia has no cure at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me see if the kimchi is available via Grabmart.

      Yes, do write about dementia and the experience with your late dad. I fear dementia too, for my parents and myself.

      Delete
  9. Since Girl Girl likes eau de mommy you can take her cat bed and cuddle or sit on it and then she will sleep in it like she sleeps on your sarung. Lolx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I did that with her pink cat bed but so far no results.

      Delete
  10. Awww...Girl showing her tummy is so cute. I will surely go over to tickle her tummy. Don't worry, that type of forgetfulness happens to oldies like me all the time. There was once I wrapped up my knife together with the fruit scraps and threw it into the trash bin. I was searching for it all over the house until I recalled that the last time I used it was peeling the fruits. Adoi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very cute and she does not mind when I rub her tummy. Oh dear, luckily you managed to retrace your knife. I have been doing some funny things at home, which surprised (and scared) me. LOL!

      Delete
  11. I have been having kitchen sink kimstew stew for lunch the past weeks and love it everytime because the contents are never the same. I go for Bibigo's kimchi because it is my recent favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never get tired of kimchi stew too. It's so appetizing. Let me see if I cab get Bibigo kimchi. I want to taste!

      Delete
  12. Aiyo, your Ah Girl looks so cute lah, thanks for sharing the photos of Ah Girl, I enjoy looking at them. I would enjoy that stew with egg tofu and egg, yums!

    You are just forgetful and careless, no worries, but it is ok to take precautions and read more about Dementia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...yes, she is cute sometimes.

      I hope so and will take care, thank you!

      Delete
  13. Looking forward to your post on your loots from Black Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The more I look at Ah Girl, the more I feel she looks like Garfield, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete